Question I think I got RAT somewhere.

mrtech9

Honorable
Jun 24, 2017
It all began a month ago when suddently my instagram account started following random people even though I have a two step verification, so there was no chance of somebody was getting into my account from another device. I just changed password and well, it stopped happening. Few days forward I received an email from youtube saying that they've took my video down, and guess what, I haven't even posted that video, it was some kind of a fake crack download video for Driver Easy.
Then I've run an Malware antibytes scan and it actually found something that I thought it was some kind of a RAT virus, when I tried to search for the name of that virus file on the google there weren't any results.
Few weeks later my twitter started posting some kind of a fake bitcoin links and now few people I know started getting critical security alert from google (including me on a second account) and they all HAD their accounts on my PC.
I've run Malware antibytes again but there was no results this time.
The question is, If somebody stole all my passwords and tried to use it on another device I would get an security alert because on almost everything I have two step verification, but on the other hand how is the virus still getting into my for example twitter account?
I usually know to recognize suspicious links and programs and I know what I can download, install, add to my browser as extention my this time I missed something, what should I do?

mrtech9

Honorable
Jun 24, 2017
could be your phone?

if you think you got a RAT. backup your data and do a fresh os install.
Checked my phone, had one malware scanned that was some root application. Now I scanned my laptop and it actually did have something called "Smart Clock" that was identified as Trojan.Clipper, tried to search more about it but there is nothing. However I deleted everything so hopefully it won't happen again.

Reactions: rgd1101