[SOLVED] I think i have a malware and i dont know how to get rid of it

Memme_gamer

Prominent
Aug 16, 2019
Hello so my HDD has runed very loud and its usage is running often at 100% and my pc has ben very slow and yes i have an Anti-virus its has actually detect some malware but its fells like its more malware left because my pc is very slow and the drive is still loud and much usage i have even cleaned the cache and stuff not faster at all pls can someone help me?

Solution
how often do you defrag your HDD? and you probably should preallocate your pagefile to avoid Windows doing it over time and fragmenting your drive

Hello so my HDD has runed very loud and its usage is running often at 100% and my pc has ben very slow and yes i have an Anti-virus its has actually detect some malware but its fells like its more malware left because my pc is very slow and the drive is still loud and much usage i have even cleaned the cache and stuff not faster at all pls can someone help me?

Ralston18

Titan
If the drive is noisy that is good indication that it has/is failing.

You should first, if at all possible, back up all data stored on that drive. Verify that the back up is recoverable and readable.

However, do remember that anything you do could cause further failure and loss of data.

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Include drive make and model, capacity, and age. How full is the drive?

Memme_gamer

Prominent
Aug 16, 2019
If the drive is noisy that is good indication that it has/is failing.

You should first, if at all possible, back up all data stored on that drive. Verify that the back up is recoverable and readable.

However, do remember that anything you do could cause further failure and loss of data.

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Include drive make and model, capacity, and age. How full is the drive?
i dont know how i back up all the files but the spec
GIGABYTE-GA-A320M-S2H
CPU: AMD-A10-9700
ram: 2x4gb 2400mhz
HDD: Toshiba P300 1TB 7200RPM

i have used 220gb of storage by 930Gb like my pc is so slow im doing a full scan of the entire pc on Avast-free-AntiVirus the scan has been on in like 2 and a half out and its on 65%

i have deleted all the files that im not using and look suspicius and i have deleted the app that was detected for malware it was a file in the thing i downloaded it was like a Roblox fps unlocker or something because i wanted to play on higher refresh rate you know :/

Ralston18

Titan
Okay.

Use Task Manager or Resource Monitor (just one at a time) to observe system performance.

Watch and look carefully. Do not immediately start disabling or uninstalling anything. If you find something, google accordingly to learn more about it.

You should be able to determine what app, process, or service is running and perhaps bottlenecking the drive in question. Or causing some other bottleneck that in turn affects the drive.,

Could be some buggy update, failing attempts to update, or corrupted app.

That Roblox fps unlocker is a likely culprit. Where did you get it?

Memme_gamer

Prominent
Aug 16, 2019
Okay.

Use Task Manager or Resource Monitor (just one at a time) to observe system performance.

Watch and look carefully. Do not immediately start disabling or uninstalling anything. If you find something, google accordingly to learn more about it.

You should be able to determine what app, process, or service is running and perhaps bottlenecking the drive in question. Or causing some other bottleneck that in turn affects the drive.,

Could be some buggy update, failing attempts to update, or corrupted app.

That Roblox fps unlocker is a likely culprit. Where did you get it?
from github i fell like i dont want to send a link to you wait heres the link to the download go tothe website on your own risk tho https://github.com/axstin/rbxfpsunlocker/releases wich i did

Ralston18

Titan
No need for the link.

Even if the software is from a trusted source there is the possibility that the software is buggy or corrupted in some manner. Or perhaps has a conflict with another running process.

Again use Task Manger and Resource Monitor to find and identify some problem.

Failing that uninstall the unlocker and determine if your system returns to normal.

how often do you defrag your HDD? and you probably should preallocate your pagefile to avoid Windows doing it over time and fragmenting your drive

Solution