Question I think i have knocked two resistors off my motherboard?

Kevinski66

Honorable
Nov 6, 2016
Hi all,
Can anyone tell me exactly what these are that the red pointer is pointing at please?, they are on an Acer Aspire s3 motherboard and as you can see on trying to remove a cable which was stuck i have managed to break off two of these very small components........unfortunately i can't seem to be able to insert an image, they are extremely small black in the middle with silver ends

Hi all,
Can anyone tell me exactly what these are that the red pointer is pointing at please?, they are on an Acer Aspire s3 motherboard and as you can see on trying to remove a cable which was stuck i have managed to break off two of these very small components........unfortunately i can't seem to be able to insert an image, they are extremely small black in the middle with silver ends
Without images at least it's impossible to say anything meaningful.

But simple test: go ahead and use your computer as you normally do. If it works, then you're OK. The components are more likely to be MLCC decoupling cap, which are highly redundant in the way they're used on modern motherboards. Loosing one or two doesn't matter in the least.

Also, it could be associated with a circuit or operating mode you never use so even if not a decoupling cap it's not presenting a problem.

Latest posts