[SOLVED] I think i have malware

May 8, 2020
So some days ago i noticed that my pc overall is running slower it was kinda sudden.Games have low FPS(even ROBLOX), i cant watch videos on youtube at 1080p without buffering and even discord lags so i started scanning for viruses with windows defender and malwarebytes in normal boot and safemode boot still they found nothing.So what can i do?

edit: I even reinstalled my OS

Solution
Looking at the specs, my first thought is to try 2 x 8GB matched RAM modules via a kit suited for your motherboard.

However, I am wondering about virtual memory: what are the current settings? Have you made any changes there or just allowing Windows to manage it?

Disk Cleanup (not a defrag - do not defrag SSDs) might be helpful.

Reference:

https://www.howtoedge.com/use-disk-cleanup-tool-in-windows-10/

Read the link and google search for similar links to gain an understanding of what Disk Cleanup does and does not do.

Be careful as many links that appear will appear no matter what search criteria you use. Further more many of those links often try to trick you into downloading 3rd partry apps of all sorts. Most of...

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition.

Network connection: wired or wireless?

What capacity is the C:\ drive and how full is the drive?

Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor (just one at a time) to monitor system performance.

Do any other computers on your network have similar problems?

May 8, 2020
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition.

Network connection: wired or wireless?

What capacity is the C:\ drive and how full is the drive?

Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor (just one at a time) to monitor system performance.

Do any other computers on your network have similar problems?
Specs:
CPU: i5-2500k 3,3Ghz (NOT OCed)
GPU: Asus GTX 660
RAM: HyperX Fury Blue 8GB 1333Mhz (single channel)
SSD: Kingston 250GB
HDD: Samsung HD103SJ
Motherboard: GIGABYTE H67A-USB3-B3
PSU:Inter-Tech Energon 750W (EPS-750) , the age i dont know and as for condition i say its pretty okay

Network Connection : Wired

C:\ drive at this moment is at 134GB free of 223GB

System performance in idle CPU is at ~5-15% usage, RAM at 25% and GPU 0%, in games i didnt saw a usage more than 50% on any of my components beside RAM which is at 70% usage.

Ralston18

Titan
Looking at the specs, my first thought is to try 2 x 8GB matched RAM modules via a kit suited for your motherboard.

However, I am wondering about virtual memory: what are the current settings? Have you made any changes there or just allowing Windows to manage it?

Disk Cleanup (not a defrag - do not defrag SSDs) might be helpful.

Reference:

https://www.howtoedge.com/use-disk-cleanup-tool-in-windows-10/

Read the link and google search for similar links to gain an understanding of what Disk Cleanup does and does not do.

Be careful as many links that appear will appear no matter what search criteria you use. Further more many of those links often try to trick you into downloading 3rd partry apps of all sorts. Most of those apps should be avoided.

Before doing anything be sure that everything is backed up and verified to be recoverable and readable.

Solution