Feb 20, 2019
So last sunday I decided to play some Apex Legends matches with friends and my PC crashed. I built it 2 years ago and didn't switch components since. It never went through a crash until this week. The day before I had updated most drivers (AMD, Intel Rapid Storage & other drivers updated) but didn't think much of it. So back to the first crash, I just waited for the computer to restart so I could go back to my game, but once it restarted the screen was black for about half an hour, so I turned my eyes away from it. When I checked it, a "WerFault.exe" error displayed, and I started to panic. Turns out I could just press "OK", but the first time I tried it wouldn't respond. So I restarted the PC, it displayed the same error, I pressed OK and Windows initiated. I went back playing and twenty minutes after it crashed again. Then it crashed when I was watching a video. This happened about 5 times in the time fraction of 3 to 4 hours (in that time, I tried reverting the drivers, deleted Intel Rapid and thought that would be it). Once the fifth crash had happened, the computer stopped working normally. When powered on, it wouldn't get off of a cycle of restarting every two seconds. I thought it could be an OS problem, so I unplugged the hard drive. It wasn't.
It was a BIOS failure. The restart cycle was intact. I took off the CMOS battery and left it overnight, nothing. I restarted CMOS config via the jumper, nothing. Luckily, my motherboard has dual bios, so I looked up how to use the backup and tried it: it worked, I was so happy. Then, I plugged the hard drive with the intention to recover the OS through a flash usb I had prepared with another Windows 10 PC. The cycle re-appeared (before connecting the hard drive, I checked and BIOS booted normally), so I tried the dual bios thing again (which required pressing the power button multiple times for five seconds) but this time the computer just wouldn't start. It was connected and the power supply was on and it didn't smell like burned. Now, the only hope I have left is that the power button failed. Tomorrow I'll try switching the cables with the restart button because as far as I know (tried ethernet cable and the ethernet lights turned on) motherboard isn't dead, but I have no degree so I'll leave that question to you. But in case the power button isn't the problem, what should I do? Did I mess up?

A massive thank you in advance for taking the time to read my post, and sorry if I didn't put it in the best terms, I'm not a native english speaker and I'm also desperate.

Specs:
SO: Windows 10 (edu edition or something, I think).
PSU: EVGA 100-B1-0600 (600watt bronze psu)
CPU Intel i7-7700
AMD Radeon R9 380
Gigabyte h270-d3h
2x Kingston HyperX DDR4 8GB RAM

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2019
PSU: EVGA 100-B1-0600 (600watt bronze psu)
I just tried it and same thing happened. I also cleaned the RAM and managed to use the Dual BIOS back-up again, but just after shutting off, the restarting cycle came back (again). I'm running out of ideas.