I think I need a new graphics card..

kevinh111

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013
Hello all,

Recently I have been experiencing problems with my laptop computer, it is a Dell, 'Studio' model which I've had for about 2 and a half years. IF you need more specifics I can find them. Anyways, when I am watching movies/shows on my laptop which are on my hard drive, the picture will freeze for about 10-30 seconds at a time, usually multiple times in an hour long show/ movie. I have found that it is more frequent when watching BluRay rips instead of standard DVD quality. Sometimes the picture will turn into what sort of look like very large pixels, and it will move very slowly. This happens when I have a monitor connected to my laptop and when I just watch on the laptop screen. I have tried exiting all other applications and processes before watching but I still run into the same problem. I have tried using different video players.

Now, I am in no way an expert on computers and computer hardware but it seems as though the problem could be related to the graphics card. If anyone would be able to help me troubleshoot this problem, or even point me in the right direction, so that I am able to fix it that would be much appreciated. If any additional information/symptons are required please let me know. Thanks