Question I Think I Need a New PSU And I Need Recommendations

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Dec 26, 2022
This is my Results on my specs
UserBenchmark

these are my pc specs
PC Specs

But my RTX 3060 Ti's watt power is very low in games i play, and here is a screen shot of ROBLOX and i have a EVGA 600 GD which isn't enough because sense I don't have enough power half of my CPU processors are barely making the mark in the util. Sense it is low util im seeing micro stutters in all my games and if i get low fps the stutters are massive.

so I just need someone to tell me the best 750w or 850w PSU for my build

Please and Thank You

ZMWZjt9.png

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2022
idk if this would work but if u could record u watching my recording and see if i can see the stuttering on your video.

again idk if that would show what u are seeing

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Looked abit and see that Roblox is quite cpu sensitive/dependent, might well be that your cpu lacks power. Not saying that the 3600 isn't a good cpu, but with a game like this might it lack a little. Or maybe just because it's trying to run the game over different threads.

Think also that your psu is no problem here.

Are you by any way limiting fps ingame? See that the max sticks to 144hz. What happens if you set it to unlimited? Ingame or Vsync off or other settings.

Can set windows energy settings to "high performance", see if that helps.

One thing but likely unrelated, see that you run an older bios, might be good to update to the latest. Remember to set XMP to enabled again if you do this.

See also talk about bad internet which can interfere.

Lots of threads about this, might want to start reading and see if one has a solution.

Dec 26, 2022
Looked abit and see that Roblox is quite cpu sensitive/dependent, might well be that your cpu lacks power. Not saying that the 3600 isn't a good cpu, but with a game like this might it lack a little. Or maybe just because it's trying to run the game over different threads.

Think also that your psu is no problem here.

Are you by any way limiting fps ingame? See that the max sticks to 144hz. What happens if you set it to unlimited? Ingame or Vsync off or other settings.

Can set windows energy settings to "high performance", see if that helps.

One thing but likely unrelated, see that you run an older bios, might be good to update to the latest. Remember to set XMP to enabled again if you do this.

See also talk about bad internet which can interfere.

Lots of threads about this, might want to start reading and see if one has a solution.
yes im limiting my fps at 143 so1 fps under my refresh rate so i don't get screen tearing and im doing it with the nvidia max fps setting.

if i set my fps to unlimited the stuttering gets worse

my power plan is ultimate performance

and my bios date is in 2020 and sense this was a prebuilt pc with different ram and gpu it has a discontinued motherboard which doesn't even have the bios update anywhere on google or the gigabyte website.

what is so stupid about this motherboard is that its a Gigabyte GA-B450M DS3H WIFI V2-CF which is the wifi version and the V2 version that are merged together so any of those version's bios updates don't work on this motherboard so it has its own bios update which somehow is no where to be found

and now idk if the problem is my CPU, PSU or Motherboard all because of my New RTX 3060 ti

This is my Results on my specs
UserBenchmark

these are my pc specs
PC Specs

Last edited:

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
The UBM link shows that your system seems to work fine.

For system specs try this,

download hwinfo,
install and open it=click run,
close the top window which is the system summary,
in the main window at the left top click "save report",
at the bottom of the next window check "Summary for Clipboard",
after that you'll see what's in the pc,
copy by clicking "copy to clipboard" and rightclick+paste in your next respons

It is a good tool to have anyway, for looking at temperatures for instance.

Think you just have the "Gigabyte GA-B450M DS3H WIFI V2 " without he "CF", so that one can be googled and a newer bios can be found.

Dec 26, 2022
The UBM link shows that your system seems to work fine.

For system specs try this,

It is a good tool to have anyway, for looking at temperatures for instance.

Think you just have the "Gigabyte GA-B450M DS3H WIFI V2 " without he "CF", so that one can be googled and a newer bios can be found.
but is u look at the specs it says CF at the end of the motherboard name

plus i already have the app but here is the weird thing just look at the senser at the top left and then the motherboard in the middle right they have different names
T7ndq8H.png

dBI3GYM.png
ZUxo9pS.png

Last edited:

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Seems someone has found a way to force the "Gigabyte GA-B450M DS3H WIFI V2" bios on the "Gigabyte GA-B450M DS3H WIFI V2 -CF" motherboard, but this is something yo have to decide on your own to try out, don't know if i can really recommend it
View: https://www.reddit.com/r/gigabyte/comments/kjg90g/b450m_ds3h_wifi_v2_bios_updates/

Other thing you could try is contact Gigabyte support and see if they can come up with a solution.

In the end might your problem not be a bios issue so lets just see if we can come up with something else first.

Looked again at the Reddit link and saw these two with potential options to flash the bios,

"Mysterious_Grape8283"

"PMeyers187" he seem to have been send a bios that might actually work.

Still at your own risk.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2022
so finally that 1 person found a compatible bios version for my motherboard and it worked but i still have to test my games

nope it didn't fix the stuttering

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2022
so this motherboard is a dual channel one and i have 4 ram sticks in it

is that the reason for my stutters?
uBLLH5u.png

if that's not the reason then can u look over this and see if any of these things are the reason pls

EhdoN3R.png

Dec 26, 2022
and when my CPU is idle its clock speed is maxed out for some reason idk why and I don't have anything intensive running

nvm when i check Ryzen master it shows the clock is fluctuating and the voltage is almost maxed

qz2lSm1.png

Last edited:

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Alright, but is there anything wrong with the system summary?

No there isn't and i see you updated your bios. Also your UBM link shows that your system is working fine. This is why it is so hard to pinpoint why you have your problems. I see so many threads these days about "stutters" and am possibly blind for stutters cause cannot see them myself unless they are massive.

Did you google this? Like i said are there many threads about this with the Ryzen 3600. Might just be the hardware combo which is not really supported well in that game. Maybe in the game files are limitations, i mean like this one for warzone at some point (just to make clear what i mean, i know you don't play the old warzone here),

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muSXmzm783s

Dec 26, 2022
No there isn't and i see you updated your bios. Also your UBM link shows that your system is working fine. This is why it is so hard to pinpoint why you have your problems. I see so many threads these days about "stutters" and am possibly blind for stutters cause cannot see them myself unless they are massive.

Did you google this? Like i said are there many threads about this with the Ryzen 3600. Might just be the hardware combo which is not really supported well in that game. Maybe in the game files are limitations, i mean like this one for warzone at some point (just to make clear what i mean, i know you don't play the old warzone here),

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muSXmzm783s
So your saying its my CPU that's the problem?