[SOLVED] I think i ruined my first pc build HELP

Mar 24, 2019
Ok so today I built my very first. I watched a hundred PC building videos on YouTube to prepare, and have helped a friend build one before. Everything was going smoothly, I put everything together and went to boot it up for the first time. First boot looked good, it all turned on and was glowing beautifully. However, I let it sit for a few minutes and there was no bios booting up. So I powered it down, double checked everything, went for another boot then there was nothing. I kept trying and a few times the fans began to move and then immediately just stopped.
Anyway this is where I am at, and I have no clue what to do next. Any help would be much appreciated.

Solution
I have a Gigabyte AB350 motherboard, Ryzen 5 2600x...
Yeah, B350 motherboards launched alongside Ryzen 1000-series processors, so unless that board happened to be manufactured more recently, it would likely need a BIOS update to support the 2000-series processors. That potential issue could be avoided with a B450 board.

In order to update the BIOS, you would typically need a first-generation CPU to update it with. AMD offers some suggestions, including the option to request a compatible loner CPU to boot with, though that might take some time to get your system up and running...

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-100

Astralv

Distinguished
Look at the Motherboard and see if there any small LED lights- they should all be green- if any red- this is the issue. Is there any codes that shown on your motherboard? You can disconnect memory and try 1 stick at a time. Fans moving and then stopping sounds like power interruption. Check all connections.

Mar 24, 2019
Look at the Motherboard and see if there any small LED lights- they should all be green- if any red- this is the issue. Is there any codes that shown on your motherboard? You can disconnect memory and try 1 stick at a time. Fans moving and then stopping sounds like power interruption. Check all connections.
Thanks mate, I'll give it a shot.

Mar 24, 2019
You may consider to post specs. Not going to BIOS sounds like it may not see your hard drive. Is it SSD or HDD? If it some version of M2 or U2, you would need BIOS to configure... Is there an option to update BIOS without boot?
Ok good point, I have both an SSD and an HDD. I can't seem to fix my power issue right now though, and that is the more pressing matter.
I have a Gigabyte AB350 motherboard, Ryzen 5 2600x, 1070 ti, corsair 16gb ram, blackgate hdd and Kingston sdd

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Don't need storage to get bios. Just need cpu, cooler, 1 stick of ram and some way to get a picture on a screen.
The only power hookups needed are the 20+4pin, gpu, cpu fan and EPS.

Being a fresh build, make sure those 2 psu power cables are seated fully, new stuff can be argumentative and not want to go in all the way.

Mar 24, 2019
Don't need storage to get bios. Just need cpu, cooler, 1 stick of ram and some way to get a picture on a screen.
The only power hookups needed are the 20+4pin, gpu, cpu fan and EPS.

Being a fresh build, make sure those 2 psu power cables are seated fully, new stuff can be argumentative and not want to go in all the way.
Still got nothin on Power. The fans literally start turning but then nothin. I've checked literally everything, idk.

I have a Gigabyte AB350 motherboard, Ryzen 5 2600x...
Yeah, B350 motherboards launched alongside Ryzen 1000-series processors, so unless that board happened to be manufactured more recently, it would likely need a BIOS update to support the 2000-series processors. That potential issue could be avoided with a B450 board.

In order to update the BIOS, you would typically need a first-generation CPU to update it with. AMD offers some suggestions, including the option to request a compatible loner CPU to boot with, though that might take some time to get your system up and running...

Solution
Mar 24, 2019

Thanks