I think im having a loose hdd cable, i keep getting put into the aptio setup utility on my asus laptop, this happens on occasi

Solution
Unfortunately, @Kevin, if the laptop is still covered, you will need to tamper with its case in order to reseat the HDD, which would void the warranty.
Moreover, the HDD cable inside a laptop usually is just a SATA connector. In other words, it's not really a cable that can be swapped easily like in desktop PCs. Since it's still within the warranty period, better contact the laptop manufacturer's customer support in your country and let them know about the issue. You should be able to find the contacts on their official website. They will most probably refer you to a partnering PC repair service that can replace the failed component.

Good luck!
SuperSoph_WD
Welcome, @Kevin!

Can you please provide more details on the troubleshooting you have done so far, so we could be more helpful?
Make sure you backup all your important data from the notebook somewhere off-site as soon as possible. Better safe than sorry, right?
Since this is a laptop, I'd strongly recommend you check the warranty on the computer from the manufacturer's official website and see if it's still covered. If it is, then you should definitely get in touch with their customer support and let them know about your issues with the laptop. They should be able to provide you with a replacement, if you send an RMA request to swap the failed hardware.
If you are not sure this is a hardware-related issue, I'd suggest you use the Window Repair Disk to check for any system issues as well. Another thing you should definitely try is download the HDD's brand-specific diagnostic tool and check the health and SMART status of the drive.

Hope it helps. Keep me posted! :)
SuperSoph_WD

Kevin Yu

Commendable
Jul 5, 2016
I think i can get a replacement since my warranty has about a month before expiration but im not sure how i can get that set up, im nearly certain the problem is the hdd cable being out of place though. Im not sure how I should provide extra troubleshooting details.

Unfortunately, @Kevin, if the laptop is still covered, you will need to tamper with its case in order to reseat the HDD, which would void the warranty.
Moreover, the HDD cable inside a laptop usually is just a SATA connector. In other words, it's not really a cable that can be swapped easily like in desktop PCs. Since it's still within the warranty period, better contact the laptop manufacturer's customer support in your country and let them know about the issue. You should be able to find the contacts on their official website. They will most probably refer you to a partnering PC repair service that can replace the failed component.

Good luck!
SuperSoph_WD

Solution