[SOLVED] I think I'm throwing in the towel and getting an Eizo CG2730, but as a bit of a gamer, I have to ask about 13ms gtg... :)

Darkmatterx

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2003
Title pretty much says it all.

I'm a photographer, so I need a good display. I looked at NEC, but their current dead/stuck pixel policy is ridiculous.

More than 8 sub-pixel faults
More than 1 whole pixel defects (ON or OFF) within a 5x5 pixel area (cluster)
More than 1 clusters, of 5x5 pixels, with sub-pixels faults present

So, it looks like I'm going to have to go Eizo, but since I do game, when I have time (which hasn't been much lately) I wanted some thoughts on 13ms gtg. I'm not a big FPS guy, I don't play CoD online or anything like that, so I don't know if it's even a big deal. I've just never had a monitor with a 13ms response time before. :)

Thanks

Solution
Well, if you like RPGs and other sight-seeing games, shouldn't make a huge difference.

You would just see more ghosting and have a lower reaction time to certain things.

Could always get a cheap gaming monitor as a second display. 1080p 144hz panels are getting really low in price.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Well, if you like RPGs and other sight-seeing games, shouldn't make a huge difference.

You would just see more ghosting and have a lower reaction time to certain things.

Could always get a cheap gaming monitor as a second display. 1080p 144hz panels are getting really low in price.

Solution
Feb 28, 2021
Title pretty much says it all.

I'm a photographer, so I need a good display. I looked at NEC, but their current dead/stuck pixel policy is ridiculous.

So, it looks like I'm going to have to go Eizo, but since I do game, when I have time (which hasn't been much lately) I wanted some thoughts on 13ms gtg. I'm not a big FPS guy, I don't play CoD online or anything like that, so I don't know if it's even a big deal. I've just never had a monitor with a 13ms response time before. :)

Thanks
All in ones are junk. And as a photographer with published photos I can tell you that you need an average or better display with an average or better video card, the best cpu you can afford and a great camera either Nikon or Canon and the best lenses you can afford.

View: https://imgur.com/a/dsuHKzh

Last edited:

Darkmatterx

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2003
I had no idea my post would garner such attention... lol

Edit: So, I'll play some "faster" paced games like Noita (no that wasn't a joke) and I still need to play Rebel Galaxy Outlaw, and I have played most of the CoG's single player games, and the first (new) Doom. But, honestly, the amount of time I have to game just goes down and down... lol

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
OP, for what it's worth....I have zero experience selecting a monitor that would be good for color reproduction.

I typically use the filters I want with my favorite retailer to get an idea of what is available in the price range. From that selection I can hopefully find that a place called rTings has done a review on it, and/or Tom's "webpage" side. Loads of details to take it down to finer detail than the spec page and sales hoopla.

I had no idea my post would garner such attention... lol

Edit: So, I'll play some "faster" paced games like Noita (no that wasn't a joke) and I still need to play Rebel Galaxy Outlaw, and I have played most of the CoG's single player games, and the first (new) Doom. But, honestly, the amount of time I have to game just goes down and down... lol

Don't bother looking for a gaming monitor for color accuracy and quality. A good monitor will be good enough for gaming but since your priority is image quality and accuracy then gaming should be secondary. I like the Dell Ultrasharp series, really anything from them you can be fine with depending on your budget.