I think Intel is really getting hurt by AMD mwahaa

G

All these layoffs, price drops from Intel

I mean..

I think AMD is suceeding here.

AMD is controlling Intel in some way.
Think about it.

If Intel was so all mighty they would raise the cost or at least keep them doubled the amount of AMD's Athlon as they used to and suceed good right?

Mbaahahahaaahaha
Seeems like Intel is loosing customers to me.

And once people try AMD, they get a excellent processor and a super fast machine and they will stick with what they know is fast.

--call it what you wish, with this machine I can make mercury flow in 3 directions at once--

jlbigguy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Come on now, posts like this are not needed, from the AMD or Intel point of view. Just a plain waste of time and space.

<font color=blue>This is a Forum, not a playground. Treat it with Respect.</font color=blue>

Bilbo_B

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2001
Tbirdinside: You're rapidly becoming a troll. Please refrain from postong unless you have something to say. Preferently something intelligent.

If it ain't broken, break it. Then fix it.

G

Well, look at it this way. Why does AMD drop it's price every time !ntel does? Because there is no way AMD could compete if it's cpu's were priced the same as !ntels, they need to be cheaper to compete.

Why is !ntel no longer "double" the price of AMD - maybe AMD is running out of room to cut it prices? At the current rate that price cuts are coming, AMD will have to give away it's chips and then start paying people to take them, price cutting is screwing AMD just as much as it is !ntel...

And who is controlling who? AMD's lastest price cut wasn't scheduled unitl June but they had to bump it up 6 weeks because !ntel cut it's prices, looks like !ntel might have AMD on the run.

And BTW, there might be something to the slowing economy causing price drops and layoffs, you seem a little short sighted to put that together....

"<font color=blue>Intel</font color=blue>, <font color=red>You can't spend more but you can buy better</font color=red>...."

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
I wouldn't mind:

2.0ghz northwood for $5.00
or
1.5ghz Athlon for $2.50

Man those those price cuts are pretty big. Intel processors also cost 2x more. I see more price cuts. It will be like this in a week after

2.0ghz Northwood P4 for $1.00
or
1.5ghz Athlon for $0.50

The only nice Intel guy.

G

tbirdinside - I could have sworn you claimed you were going to stop making these silly taunting posts. It would be nice to read these forums without having to sift through your crap.

G

I will say what i want
when i want

how i want

this is a cpu section
if u dont wantto read my post then F*IN dont respond to it

IGNORE IT

--call it what you wish, with this machine I can make mercury flow in 3 directions at once--

G

Here's how I see the next price cuts --

P4 @1.7ghz == $100
T-bird @ 1.33ghz == Free (not including shipping)

After that

P4 @ 1.7ghz == $75
T-bird @ 1.33 == AMD paying cutomer $10 (again not including shipping)

After this

P4 continues to drop in price
AMD still offers $10 to customer + discount coupons towards your favorite MOBO (and still you are stuck with shipping)....

<font color=blue>The #1 reason to upgrade your PC - to run faster benchmarks...</font color=blue>

G

As of today AMD is a better chip (regardless of price). The Pentium 4 can beat AMD only when: (Software companies write code supporting the Pentium 4 Enhanced features, and the prices are dropped). Intel Pentium 4 is a faster chip only when the software is written for the chip.

I bought a pentium once!
Everybody makes mistakes..

G

lol.. If AMD pays me no less then $20 per cpu I might take them up on it.

G

Based on price as of now AMD being cheaper I would agree AMD would make more sense. But, lets say if all things equal (price that is for mobo/cpu/memory) for TB@1.33 w/DDR vs. P4@1.7 w/RDRAM why not go with the P4?

Basically they have the same performance and in this scenario they cost the same, so what would be the advantage of having an AMD? Just because a slower clocked 1.33 TB benches the same as a 1.7 P4 doesn't mean it better....

<font color=blue>The #1 reason to upgrade your PC - to run faster benchmarks...</font color=blue>

G

In a perfect world, and an Intel Pentium 4 1.7 and AMD 1.3 are priced the same, and DDR and SDRAM were priced the same then I agree... I would buy and Intel Pentium 4, but as I mentioned in another board I have lost trust in Intel. Intel reminds me of Microsoft (minus the monopoly part), they put out chips with flaws (beta chips). So far AMD has put out reliable fast processors for an amazing price. It would take a well run Intel Co. and equal prices for me to switch back to Intel.

----------------------------------
I bought a pentium once!

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
100Mhz, It is AMD indeed who is runing scared, they initiated the price cuts but ran out of cutting material :smile: , I say Intel has called Amd's bluff, and many vendors and retailers are getting caught in the middle.

"AMD...you are the weakest link, good bye!"

G

Remember the discount coupons!!

Seriously though, the price cuts are not benefiting either company - especially those employed there.

G

Do you work at Intel?

----------------------------------
I bought a pentium once!

jlbigguy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
In a perfect world all things being equal, you go with the better known company. Logic would say Intel. But....

Given the same price and equal performance, today I would choose AMD. Intel has made too many mistakes the past couple of years. The failed delivery of the 1.13 P3. After all the hype about the "Willamette" the disappointing P4 was produced. AMD delivered the Athlon and it performed better then the competing P3. They hit 1Ghz and beyond while Intel faltered. The Duron removes all reason to buy a Celeron. AMD is on a roll, Intel is trying to get back on its feet.

It will be interesting to see how the next generation of processors will perform. Minus the hype, just performance and price.

<font color=blue>This is a Forum, not a playground. Treat it with Respect.</font color=blue>

G

the disappointing P4 was produced
Actually many people were supprised at how well the P4 performed. They finally got to see how well RDRAM worked when paired with a CPU designed to use it.

I agree with you that the Athlon's and Duron's are excellent chips.. its just too bad there arent any quality motherboards to run them on.

G

Thats very true tbirdinside, you can say what you want. I guess the problem is that everyone reads every message for the most part so... but anyway that doesn't really matter. I agree with you, I'm upset with Intel.. no matter how fast their products are they LIED they cheated us and they trick many many many consumers with their netburst into thinking it will speed up internet or sse2 which no programs are using right now. I totaly understand god it makes me so mad to know that intel's just a big blob of gelatin and they have no substance, just marketing and they're still in bed with rambus... all marketing all hype, even the technology was built around the marketing. Why else does the technology's main goal (high clock speed) never deliver in real tests? Cause its a SHAM and they're liars! and they never do anything honest and they trick people with their halflies by pretending that the features in their processor will really deliver or speed up internet!!!!!!!

ok I think i'm almost done letting off steam. =)

G

all marketing all hype, even the technology was built around the marketing. Why else does the technology's main goal (high clock speed) never deliver in real tests?

I really wouldnt call having the fastest ever Quake 3 benchmarks a bunch of hype. Can you really call it hype? Or how about Photoshop performance that blows the doors off "other" cpu's.

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Actually many people were supprised at how well the P4 performed. They finally got to see how well RDRAM worked when paired with a CPU designed to use it
ROFLMAO!!! HAHhah.............

Sorry I just had to laugh that was so damn funny. If I remember correctly (and it wasn't too long ago), everyone was disapointed, even the Intel freaks. I don't remember a single person saying they were impressed with the P4.......

---------
I am the first and only one with a 16MB GeForce2 GTS graphics card! :smile:

G

everyone was disapointed, even the Intel freaks. I don't remember a single person saying they were impressed with the P4
jeez.. some of us have short memories. Even Dr. Thomas Pabst said he was somewhat impressed by the performance of the P4 and the Good Doctor is a big time AMD supporter. Here are a few quotes from his P4 articles:

From Dr. Thomas Pabst
“What do I think of the components around Pentium 4? I have got to admit it, but with Pentium 4 Rambus is finally able to deliver for the first time. If you look at Pentium 4's design closely enough, you can see that it's engineered to live with RDRAM in perfect harmony.”

“I personally really like Pentium 4. It's a bit like getting designer furniture. You don't really need it, but it's damn cool to have it. Don't buy Pentium 4 unless you feel like this. If you can spend the extra bucks and like the strengths of Pentium 4 without minding the little weaknesses (e.g. x87 floating point applications) you maybe want to consider it.”

“It performs well in 3D-games, it is able to do very fast video-encoding and it seems to give you some kind of edge using the Internet, boosting Intel's amusing 'NetBurst'-hype.”

This last one doesnt have anything to do with the subject but its cool.

“Now I am only waiting for 'Northwood' and 'Brookdale'. The times for AMD will finally become harder again.”

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
"“What do I think of the components around Pentium 4? I have got to admit it, but with Pentium 4 Rambus is finally able to deliver for the first time. If you look at Pentium 4's design closely enough, you can see that it's engineered to live with RDRAM in perfect harmony.”"

That was taken from the first benchmark that P4 won against Athlon. Notice he said "finally it has been able to deliver".

---------
I am the first and only one with a 16MB GeForce2 GTS graphics card! :smile: