[SOLVED] I think its a memory problem

Apr 11, 2020
I'm having trouble installing ram. My pc specs are Ryzen 7 2700x, Asus Prime b450m-a, rtx 2070, and the old ram is 2x8gb Geil Potenza 2400MHz. The new ram I'm trying to put in is 2x16gb Corsair vengeance rgb pro 3200 MHz. I put the new ram in and booted into bios and the MHz was only coming up as 2100 so i went and manually changed it to 3200 MHz and booted it up and nothing happened. I put the old ram back in and it booted up just fine so I updated my bios and the new ram worked after I increased to voltage from 1.2 to 1.35 and put the MHz to 3200. This work find for about 5 hours and then my PC complete crashed and I got the error “IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL” it never restarted so I pressed the restart button on my PC and it didn't boot up anymore. So now my PC has the old ram in it right now and I'm asking you guys on how to fix it.

Solution
You cant just put in 3200 mhz and expect it to work with the same timings as 2133.
You need to get the system to boot up again with a cmos clear or swapping to the old ram. Then with the new modules installed in the correct slots you need to go to bios and activate docp which is a factory-installed profile on your ram that sets the correct timings and voltages for you.
I'm having trouble installing ram. My pc specs are Ryzen 7 2700x, Asus Prime b450m-a, rtx 2070, and the old ram is 2x8gb Geil Potenza 2400MHz. The new ram I'm trying to put in is 2x16gb Corsair vengeance rgb pro 3200 MHz. I put the new ram in and booted into bios and the MHz was only coming up as 2100 so i went and manually changed it to 3200 MHz and booted it up and nothing happened. I put the old ram back in and it booted up just fine so I updated my bios and the new ram worked after I increased to voltage from 1.2 to 1.35 and put the MHz to 3200. This work find for about 5 hours and then my PC complete crashed and I got the error “IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL” it never restarted so I pressed the restart button on my PC and it didn't boot up anymore. So now my PC has the old ram in it right now and I'm asking you guys on how to fix it.
Did you set DOCP to 3200 and are sticks in right slots ? A2 and B2 ?

Reactions: Sparkfyer

EndEffeKt_24

Commendable
Mar 27, 2019
You cant just put in 3200 mhz and expect it to work with the same timings as 2133.
You need to get the system to boot up again with a cmos clear or swapping to the old ram. Then with the new modules installed in the correct slots you need to go to bios and activate docp which is a factory-installed profile on your ram that sets the correct timings and voltages for you.

Reactions: Sparkfyer
Solution
Apr 5, 2020
Did u combine the 2400mhz with 3200mhz? If so that won't work. If u want 3200mhz then use only 3200mhz sticks, I've heard that most motherboards don't support ram sticks with different clock speeds