I think it's my motherboard? (Pc startup issue)

cjjk1994

Prominent
Aug 24, 2017
So when I start up my pc, it starts up, as in makes the proper sounds, fans are on, leds are on. Then my mouse and keyboard light up. But the screen doesn't pop up. Then the lights on my mouse and keyboard turn off. Then 45 seconds -1 minute later they turn back on but the screen doesn't pop up again. After some time (sometimes 10 minutes, once it was 3 hours.) It'll start up and work completely fine.

Halp plz

Solution
If it's not posting (nothing is displayed, before the Windows logo), it's either the motherboard, or something like the memory messing with the motherboard.

Try running memtest overnight, (download it and place on DVD or USB drive), or try booting with one stick of memory in place at a time. That may narrow it down.

Rapajez

Distinguished
If it's not posting (nothing is displayed, before the Windows logo), it's either the motherboard, or something like the memory messing with the motherboard.

Try running memtest overnight, (download it and place on DVD or USB drive), or try booting with one stick of memory in place at a time. That may narrow it down.

Solution