Question I think i've ****** my OS somehow AHCI to RAID ( no drives )

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

FearSC

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2014
Ok so... Originally, my system was booted into AHCI and today i've purchased new NVME and wanted to combine one smaller with one bigger and went to BIOS, switched from AHCI to RAID and then found in options how to combine those 2. Once i've done that, i wanted to go to Windows but couldnt and got BSOD with some error code.
After that, i've switched back to AHCI and managed to boot into OS but there's a problem, I Dont see anymore my NVME drives ( Even 1 drive that is connected via extension on PCIe slot )... SO i went back to RAID, went to RAID settings and reverted everything back, still not able to see in WIndows drives ( Even in disk management ) So, i went like to boot new OS just to see if im able to see it when i want to install new OS will they be there and yes, they are there. So i've formated both drives and still again, i dont see them in normal OS... What is my solution here? I would like either to see them or to RAID those 2 drives.

Screenshot :
t784Toz.png
U71168k.png
pr3LESL.png

Im missing here : 2x KINGSTON 81000G and 8500G
ADATA SX8200PNP

GFTbQwY.png

FearSC

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2014
Motherbaord - MPG X570 GAMING PLUS (MS-7C37)

its possible you are missing the AMD Raid drivers - link to question - but you don't really want/need nvme to be in raid, there is no benefit to it, and since you tried to mix a 1tb with a 500gb, you lose 500gb in the process. I would just use them as normal drives.
Well ive tried and i had those RAID drivers and didnt help. BUT the thing is i cant access those drives anymore, thats the problem 😂 And i would use them as normal drives but i dont see them :( Only thing that i want is to be able to see them in disk management and to use them 😂

USAFRet

Titan
Well ive tried and i had those RAID drivers and didnt help. BUT the thing is i cant access those drives anymore, thats the problem 😂 And i would use them as normal drives but i dont see them :( Only thing that i want is to be able to see them in disk management and to use them 😂
And that is why I tried to get the system running on minimal hardware, and trying these drives one by one.
But, whatever...

FearSC

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2014
Ok so i have removed all other drives and left only 1 OS drive and 1 m.2 slot. Still Windows doesnt see that drive anywhere :/ I guess for some reason, now those ports are disabled or working in some other way where Windows cant detect them. How to put them in default? Reinstall OS or flashing BIOS? BTW It didnt help NTFS Format in Linux...

Colif

Win 11 Master
i would have formatted drives in linux as unallocated space, delete all partitions. then windows might see them. The nvme drives obviously

I assume you reset bios to defaults to clear whatever you did in Raidexpert 2 (the software in bios that sets up raid)

popatim

Titan
I suspect the bios is blocking access to those drives now because it thinks they are foreign drives.
Use the bios secure erase utility on those 3 nvme drives.
I would suggest making a backup of your system before doing so in case you erase the wrong drive. There wouldn't be any data recovery possible after a secure erase.