I think my computer died on me - permanently. HELP PLEASE!!

SeriousGaming101

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2016
Today, I used "Reset my PC" to completely wipe all my PC files so I can start fresh. But after my computer restarted, the computer wouldn't load into anything after a while. I tried to force restart my computer by pressing the power button but it didn't work so I just turned off the power manually. Next, I turned the power back on. I tried to boot up the PC.

The computer wouldn't start normally with the beep sound after I hit the power button. So I assumed there was something wrong with the CMOS battery. I removed the CMOS battery and waited a few minutes and reinserted the CMOS battery but the computer wouldn't start with the beep.

I went out and got a pack of replacement CMOS batteries and installed one and attempted again to start my PC but still no beep.

At this point, I assumed there was something wrong with my SSD. I took a old HDD drive with Windows installed and replaced my SSD with the SATA cable. I turned on my PC and still no beep sound. After a few seconds of running with no beep sound, the computer shut off by itself. I attempted to reboot the PC but now the PC wouldn't even start up.

Like literally, I keep hitting the power button and the PC wouldn't even turn on the case fans or power supply. I think my PC is dead.

What do you think is wrong with my PC? Dead motherboard? Corrupted SSD? Its not my power cable because I checked, and its plugged in as it should be.

Solution
Did you accidentally pull any of the case leads out of the motherboard.
Just check that they are all in the right place.

Next do a cmos reset to get your bios into a default state.

SeriousGaming101

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2016

1. I reset my computer by typing "reset this pc" when you hit the windows button on the bottom left of the keyboard. And then the rectangle blue screen shows up for options to reset and I chose to completely wipe all files.

2. Motherboard model is this one: https://www.amazon.com/MB-GAY09-001-Acer-Gateway-Desktop-Motherboard/dp/B00FY3Y5UY

3. My CPU is a AMD Phenom X6 1100t with a Thermaltake Untouchable C5 CPU Cooler

4. My motherboard naturally has no lights even if it was working normally.

TRENDING THREADS