Question I think my cpu is dead

Dec 18, 2021
I made a custom loop a year ago before going to college with my saved money of a ryzen 7 5800x and a 3080 it was going just ok till the other night when while I was playing modded Minecraft my pc unexpectedly just shutoff but the rgb fans etc kept running it said a dram error on my motherboard but when I reseated the memory sticks that error went away and it became a vga error code so I disassembled the whole loop and troubleshot each thing the only thing we could do to get a display to show was to put my buddies ryzen 5 3600 in the board is the cpu shot or could it still be working?

I made a custom loop a year ago before going to college with my saved money of a ryzen 7 5800x and a 3080 it was going just ok till the other night when while I was playing modded Minecraft my pc unexpectedly just shutoff but the rgb fans etc kept running it said a dram error on my motherboard but when I reseated the memory sticks that error went away and it became a vga error code so I disassembled the whole loop and troubleshot each thing the only thing we could do to get a display to show was to put my buddies ryzen 5 3600 in the board is the cpu shot or could it still be working?
tried to update the bios to the latest using your friend's 3600?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS