Question I think my cpu is dead

Dec 18, 2021
I made a custom loop a year ago before going to college with my saved money of a ryzen 7 5800x and a 3080 it was going just ok till the other night when while I was playing modded Minecraft my pc unexpectedly just shutoff but the rgb fans etc kept running it said a dram error on my motherboard but when I reseated the memory sticks that error went away and it became a vga error code so I disassembled the whole loop and troubleshot each thing the only thing we could do to get a display to show was to put my buddies ryzen 5 3600 in the board is the cpu shot or could it still be working?

I made a custom loop a year ago before going to college with my saved money of a ryzen 7 5800x and a 3080 it was going just ok till the other night when while I was playing modded Minecraft my pc unexpectedly just shutoff but the rgb fans etc kept running it said a dram error on my motherboard but when I reseated the memory sticks that error went away and it became a vga error code so I disassembled the whole loop and troubleshot each thing the only thing we could do to get a display to show was to put my buddies ryzen 5 3600 in the board is the cpu shot or could it still be working?
tried to update the bios to the latest using your friend's 3600?