Question I think my cpu is dying

gogo7bg

Commendable
Sep 10, 2017
Fx 8350
8gb ram
650w gold seasonic

My computer is acting very weird. this has been happening for 2-3 months and im getting kinda worried (not that i care about the fx anymore). When opening stuff like Opera or Chrome and browse around sometimes the tab freezes and when i hover with the mouse to the taskbar to close it the whole pc freezes. And sometimes the mouse starts to go automatically in the direction i set it to and stutters really bad. Idk whats happening. And it isnt from a virus or something, i havent downloaded anything pirated. Could it be my cpu. Or mobo? I recently replaced it due to a power surge that killed it and killed my psu too. Im going to ryzen very soon (Christmas) and i just want to still use my pc smoothly until then? Also performance in games like The Crew 2 is very bad. I used to have 60fps no problem, now it hardly gets to 45 : (

ProPlayerGR

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2016
Fx 8350
8gb ram
650w gold seasonic

My computer is acting very weird. this has been happening for 2-3 months and im getting kinda worried (not that i care about the fx anymore). When opening stuff like Opera or Chrome and browse around sometimes the tab freezes and when i hover with the mouse to the taskbar to close it the whole pc freezes. And sometimes the mouse starts to go automatically in the direction i set it to and stutters really bad. Idk whats happening. And it isnt from a virus or something, i havent downloaded anything pirated. Could it be my cpu. Or mobo? I recently replaced it due to a power surge that killed it and killed my psu too. Im going to ryzen very soon (Christmas) and i just want to still use my pc smoothly until then? Also performance in games like The Crew 2 is very bad. I used to have 60fps no problem, now it hardly gets to 45 : (
What are your cpu temps? What cooler do you have? Use hwinfo to monitor temps.

Irisena

Commendable
Oct 1, 2019
1st, check temps
2nd, check load on task manager

if temps are bad, remove cooler, clean it, repaste it, and try again.
if load are high, check what causing it, and clear it if possible.

Oct 10, 2019
Fx 8350
8gb ram
650w gold seasonic

If i understood you well it seems I am having the same problem too. Check how much ram (just type Ram in the taskbar) does your Pc detect? If it is less than the installed then perhaps we are having same problem..., I have a thread in the Ram forum named "Detected ram randomly changing".

gogo7bg

Commendable
Sep 10, 2017
What are your cpu temps? What cooler do you have? Use hwinfo to monitor temps.
im using a 212 evo and the temps...well ill check them,
If i understood you well it seems I am having the same problem too. Check how much ram (just type Ram in the taskbar) does your Pc detect? If it is less than the installed then perhaps we are having same problem..., I have a thread in the Ram forum named "Detected ram randomly changing".
nope. all 8gb are detected

gogo7bg

Commendable
Sep 10, 2017
1st, check temps
2nd, check load on task manager

if temps are bad, remove cooler, clean it, repaste it, and try again.
if load are high, check what causing it, and clear it if possible.
the temps seems fine... even too low... didnt get over 45C after 30 minutes of playing games...should that be worrying? and loads were about what i was expecting - the cpu was at 70-80%

TRENDING THREADS