Question I think my cpu is running slower than it should be

Mar 14, 2020
Okay so first my system is an HP Elite 8300 sff, Intel I7-3770 (upgraded from I5-3470), 8GB DDR3 and GTX 1050 Ti Low Profile.

Firstly I know my system is old so idk if that is the problem but I recently bought an I7-3770 which is the fastest cpu the motherboard supports. I've seen videos on youtube from other people with the same system getting around 60fps on games like GTA 5 with settings set to high. However my performance is more like 30-40 fps wich is only a little higher than i had before the upgrade. Is this a problem with the cpu or is it because the gpu is low profile. Temps on both aren't too high so I dont think its that.

Mar 14, 2020
There's an increase if i lower the settings but the results are still lower than several benchmarking websites state it should be. I have a 500gb hard drive and up until a few days ago I was having trouble with constant 100% disk usage which I thought might be the issue. However there's no difference in performance now the disk usage is lower.

D

Deleted member 1560910

Did you check to see if your board can run the 3770. Check HP and see if maybe the bios needs a upgrade

Mar 14, 2020
Did you check to see if your board can run the 3770. Check HP and see if maybe the bios needs a upgrade
Yeah I did. The motherboard can run the 3770. I had a look into a bios update before but the pc came with windows 10 and hp doesnt support this pc on windows 10 as the 8300 elite is old. Would it be possible to go back to windows 7? Also would that be a good idea as microsoft is no longer supporting it