Question I think my fans are working too fast at this temperature/usage

Aug 15, 2019
So i built my pc few days ago

Intel i7 8700K
GTX 1080ti
16RAM
Kraken M22 Liquid Cooling

And kinda idling and i hear my fans are kinda loud i installed speedfan. Can you guys tell me if this is normal? Screenshot below.
https://prnt.sc/ot3xh2

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
I want you to review how the electrical connections are made for this. The Kraken M22 manual says you should plug the 3-pin connector on the cable from the PUMP unit into a mobo header called CPU_OPT or PUMP or AIO_PUMP or something like that. Then the 4-pin connector on the cable from the rad FAN should go to the CPU_FAN header. Then there's a cable to connect from a socket on the side of the pump to a mobo USB2 header. And finally you should download and install the CAM software utility from NZXT's website. You have not told us what mobo you have, so I don't really know what mobo headers you have.

If you did this all the way they recommend, what happens is that the PUMP is connected to a constant 12 VDC power supply and always runs at full speed, which is 3,000 rpm. All cooling of the CPU is controlled by the CPU_FAN header which changes the speed of the rad fan to control heat removal rate. That fan has a max speed of 2,000 rpm. I suggest you check into the CAM software tool and see what it reports for the two device speeds - it is sure to read them correctly IF you plugged things in as instructed.

Now, assuming that you did it all correctly, you do have the rad fan connected to the CPU_FAN header. So the third-party utility Speedfan may well be telling you the truth about the speed of that fan. And here's the point: at a low CPU temperature (38C) Speedfan says the rad fan speed is either 980 or 1040 rpm, depending on which value you read, whereas the MAX speed for a hot CPU would be 2000 RPM. That seems to me reasonable, so I would suggest you do not need to worry.

Aug 15, 2019
I want you to review how the electrical connections are made for this. The Kraken M22 manual says you should plug the 3-pin connector on the cable from the PUMP unit into a mobo header called CPU_OPT or PUMP or AIO_PUMP or something like that. Then the 4-pin connector on the cable from the rad FAN should go to the CPU_FAN header. Then there's a cable to connect from a socket on the side of the pump to a mobo USB2 header. And finally you should download and install the CAM software utility from NZXT's website. You have not told us what mobo you have, so I don't really know what mobo headers you have.

If you did this all the way they recommend, what happens is that the PUMP is connected to a constant 12 VDC power supply and always runs at full speed, which is 3,000 rpm. All cooling of the CPU is controlled by the CPU_FAN header which changes the speed of the rad fan to control heat removal rate. That fan has a max speed of 2,000 rpm. I suggest yeou check into the CAM software tool and se what it reports for the two device speeds - it is sure to read them correctly IF you plugged things in as instructed.

Now, assuming that you did it all correctly, you do have the rad fan connected to the CPU_FAN header. So the third-party utility Speedfan may well be telling you the truth about the speed of that fan. And here's the point: at a low CPU temperature (38C) Speedfan says the rad fan speed is either 980 or 1040 rpm, depending on which value you read, whereas the MAX speed for a hot CPU would be 2000 RPM. That seems to me reasonable, so I would suggest you do not need to worry.
I have Asus Prime Z370-A II. I plugged the 3 ping connector in AIO_PUMP and the 4 pin connector to CPU_FAN. Also i have a Thermaltake 650W 80+ bronze power supply. What should i do next? Sorry if im asking noob questions this is my first build.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
What you did is correct. I suggest your next step is .... relax. As I said, if your fan is running at half speed (and that's less than half air flow) at system idle, I expect it has lots of spare capacity to speed up and provide good cooling as your workload increases.

Relaxing might be easier if you had more info. As you know, you can see the fan speed and CPU internal temperature in the BIOS Setup pages, but you cannot see those when you are using your system for actual work. Your mobo came with many software utility tools on its CD, and most of these already will have been loaded on your machine when you did the Driver Install. Look for a tool called FanXpert 4. I f you can't find it in your menu of applications under the ASUS group, check on the mobo CD to find and install it. This is a Windows app you can run on-screen while you are doing other stuff, too, so you can see the CPU temp and the fan speed as you work. And DO look up on the 'net the specs for the max internal temperature of YOUR CPU chip. Many are happy to work at 70C and will start throttling back at 80 C and above.

Aug 15, 2019
I got the CD but i don't have a CD Input on my case. What do i do? Also today while i was gaming i was at normals temps but i got blue screen ( Your PC ran into problems and needs to restart) What do i do now?