Question I think my GPU fan is making this noise.

Could be the GPU. Set your GPU fans at a static 50% and see if the moise goes away.
Alternately, grab the inner cardboard tube from a roll of paper towels, open the side of your case, put one end of the tube to your ear, move the other end around to your different components/fans (without touching). You should be able to isolate the noise source.

Apr 29, 2022
Could be the GPU. Set your GPU fans at a static 50% and see if the moise goes away.
Alternately, grab the inner cardboard tube from a roll of paper towels, open the side of your case, put one end of the tube to your ear, move the other end around to your different components/fans (without touching). You should be able to isolate the noise source.
seems like a thing with evga cards, i looked up more about this and seems like people fixed it by setting a fan curve on afterburner and turning off 0 rpm mode off, theres a debate on wether this is normal or not but seems like the curve fixed it

Reactions: alceryes
I agree with turning off the 0-RPM mode. It's detrimental to peak hotspot and junction temps. Start with a static 50% on the fans to first see if the noise goes away then adjust to a curve.

Reason why 0-RPM fan mode is bad: It takes at least 5-6 seconds for the cooling solution to start lowering the overall temp of the GPU heatsink. While the fans are off the heatsink is just getting hotter and hotter. Let's say you are watching some YT vids and the card is getting a little hot but not enough to trigger the fans. Now you load up a very GPU intensive game. All the GPU temps skyrocket but you already have a heat-saturated heatsink and the fans have just turned on. That's not an ideal situation and will allow the the GPU to get hotter, quicker, before the cooling solution catches up.

My max hotspot and junction temps both dropped by 5+ºC when I enabled an always-on fan starting at a very low RPM and then ramping up with temp.

Reactions: Kallenqw