[SOLVED] i think my GPU is bottlenecking my PC, heres my specs with monitors i use

May 26, 2020
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-core processor
Motherboard:
Gigabyte B450M DS3H Micro ATX AM4
Ram:
OLOy WarHawk RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200
GPU (suspected problem): Gigabyte Radeon RX570
Storage:
Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Power Supply:
Thermaltake Smart 500 W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply

Monitor Acer 24" LED FHD FreeSync Monitor

Solution
That's pretty good, actually, so I don't think you have much to worry about. If anything, you could probably set Chill on the Radeon drivers to max out at, say, 80 or 90, maybe even 75, and you'll have very smooth gameplay, and your GPU will run a little cooler since it isn't having to max out all the time.
May 26, 2020
Don't worry about the term "bottleneck" - it is abused to the point of meaningless.

What exactly is the shortcoming? In what games? All games, or only some? Does it make a difference if you lower the detail settings, or not? etc?

in games some games ill be getting 144 or more and some games ill just get 90-115 theres not much in between. im also very new to PC gaming, just coming off consol so might be worrying about nothing

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
That's pretty good, actually, so I don't think you have much to worry about. If anything, you could probably set Chill on the Radeon drivers to max out at, say, 80 or 90, maybe even 75, and you'll have very smooth gameplay, and your GPU will run a little cooler since it isn't having to max out all the time.

Solution