[SOLVED] I think my GPU is dying ?

mrb00ce

Reputable
Jul 28, 2020
So about an year ago my old system started failing like i would get freezes, bluescreens, no display. My PC technician said it was faulty motherboard and hard drive so after a year i upgraded my PC all parts expect the GPU and today while i was installing my GPU driver( windows 10 automatically installed it but i still installed it anyway) and when i was installing the driver my PC just froze and crashed so i downloaded another GPU driver from my manufacturer and it installed fine, i've had the same issue with my old PC. So what i want to know is that is my GPU really the cause of this?

Specs
Asus tuf b560
i3 10100f
8gb ddr4 3200mhz corsair vengence
Colourful GT1030
Corsair cv450 PSU
WD 1TB HDD

One or two crashes in a year doesn't denote anything. It could just as as well be a driver or software conflict, which is not unusual. Windows might have been installing the wrong driver, and yes it can do that sometimes. There is no need to be scared, if its working fine.
Rather than speculating, you can try to find out what happened. Check Event Logs, Reliability History, etc. or simply run "whocrashed"...
https://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed

Having said that, you have a Chinese card and a horrible PSU in there, and the quality of your parts is often directly proportional to the life of the PC.

mrb00ce

Reputable
Jul 28, 2020
One or two crashes in a year doesn't denote anything. It could just as as well be a driver or software conflict, which is not unusual. Windows might have been installing the wrong driver, and yes it can do that sometimes. There is no need to be scared, if its working fine.
Rather than speculating, you can try to find out what happened. Check Event Logs, Reliability History, etc. or simply run "whocrashed"...
https://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed

Having said that, you have a Chinese card and a horrible PSU in there, and the quality of your parts is often directly proportional to the life of the PC.
I used whocrashed software and this is what I found
On Tue 22-03-2022 13:44:48 your computer crashed or a problem was reported

Crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP (Kernel memory dump)
Bugcheck code: 0x7E(0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF8029845C0D8, 0xFFFFE1842B4C5B38, 0xFFFFE1842B4C5370)
Bugcheck name:SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
Driver or module in which error occurred: nvlddmkm.sys (nvlddmkm+0x63C0D8)
File path:C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_1c83a5d7cffd7bff\nvlddmkm.sys
Description: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 511.65
Product: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 511.65
Company: NVIDIA Corporation
Bug check description:This bug check indicates that a system thread generated an exception that the error handler did not catch.
Analysis:This is likely a software problem which means that it was probably caused by a bug in a driver.
There is a possibility that this is caused by memory corruption. Memory corruption can be caused by a faulty driver, faulty RAM, overheating and more. Read this article on memory corruption. Read this article on thermal issues
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error.
It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver:
nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 511.65 , NVIDIA Corporation).
Google query:nvlddmkm NVIDIA Corporation SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

I used whocrashed software and this is what I found
On Tue 22-03-2022 13:44:48 your computer crashed or a problem was reported

Crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP (Kernel memory dump)
Bugcheck code: 0x7E(0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF8029845C0D8, 0xFFFFE1842B4C5B38, 0xFFFFE1842B4C5370)
Bugcheck name:SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
Driver or module in which error occurred: nvlddmkm.sys (nvlddmkm+0x63C0D8)
File path:C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_1c83a5d7cffd7bff\nvlddmkm.sys
Description: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 511.65
Product: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 511.65
Company: NVIDIA Corporation
Bug check description:This bug check indicates that a system thread generated an exception that the error handler did not catch.
Analysis:This is likely a software problem which means that it was probably caused by a bug in a driver.
There is a possibility that this is caused by memory corruption. Memory corruption can be caused by a faulty driver, faulty RAM, overheating and more. Read this article on memory corruption. Read this article on thermal issues
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error.
It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver:
nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 511.65 , NVIDIA Corporation).
Google query:nvlddmkm NVIDIA Corporation SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
That kind of checks out, wrong driver.