Question i think my Graphics Card is broken

Mar 17, 2019
Hey
So i recently bought a sapphire nitro+ rx580 8gb
It's doing this strange thing whenever im playing a game it works totally fine, but when i quit the game i get green or red dots all over my screen, it freezes, in better cases the screen goes all black, then becomes normal again, in worse it goes black and does not come back so i have to reboot.
Same situation in benchmarks and stress test.
i testes with msi kombustor stress test. it ran perfectly for 30 minutes, then when i closed the program green dots again.
Its not overheating, i checked temps.
I also flashed the gpu bios.
I took it apart, cleaned all the dust.
I reinstalled the driver.
I even tried to put the card in both pci-e slots, does not help.
also tried to use different hdmi ports, doesn't helo either
As last solution im thinking about the good old taking it apart and heating it with a lighter. But it might completely ruin the card so im waiting for some other ideas.
Is my cards life over?
my specs are:
ryzen 5 2600
msi b450 plus gaming
hyper x predator 16gb 3000mhz
600w fsp psu.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
Not sure but I can pretty much guarantee holding a lighter to it is not going to do anything positive for you, don't do that lol. You "re flow" a card by heating it up in an oven at a certain temp not with a lighter. And I very much doubt re flowing the card is going to help with your particular issue, it's helpful with very old cards with a very specific problem broken down traces usually something a relatively new RX 580 wont have.

Has it always done this? I would try an older driver or something different than the one you are currently using.

Is it still under warranty?

Mar 17, 2019
Not sure but I can pretty much guarantee holding a lighter to it is not going to do anything positive for you, don't do that lol. You "re flow" a card by heating it up in an oven at a certain temp not with a lighter. And I very much doubt re flowing the card is going to help with your particular issue, it's helpful with very old cards with a very specific problem broken down traces usually something a relatively new RX 580 wont have.

Has it always done this? I would try an older driver or something different than the one you are currently using.

Is it still under warranty?

yeah thats what i tought about the lighter..
well its under warranty but my fear is that if i sent it in they would just run a 3 min stress test with it and prob. say thats nothing wrong with it.
Bc its not always crashing. again, this is the reason why im so confused. it worked for 1 week totally fine and now its crashing in every 1 hour.

yeah thats what i tought about the lighter..
well its under warranty but my fear is that if i sent it in they would just run a 3 min stress test with it and prob. say thats nothing wrong with it.
Bc its not always crashing. again, this is the reason why im so confused. it worked for 1 week totally fine and now its crashing in every 1 hour.
It is important while still in warranty not to do anything that voids the warranty. Best thing you do is to test the card in a different system to confirm that it has issues.

Mar 17, 2019
It is important while still in warranty not to do anything that voids the warranty. Best thing you do is to test the card in a different system to confirm that it has issues.
Isnt removing the backplate and the heatsink void the warranty?
cuz i re thermal pasted the card.. did not help .