Question I think my graphics card is faulty

Jun 28, 2022
I just purchased a gigabyte vision oc 3060 12gb Gpu and it doesn’t seem to work, I know it’s compatible with all my other parts but I just can’t figure out why it won’t work. I tried my old gpu and it works perfectly but with this one when I turn on the pc, it just gives me like rainbow static across the screen. Has anyone had this issue or knows what could be wrong

Jun 28, 2022
What is the full pc spec?

The comment about ‘rainbow static’ immediately makes me think a faulty card.
Cpu : intel i7 10700k
Motherboard : mag b560 torpedo
Gpu : gigabyte rtx 3060 vision of 12g
Power supply : evga b5 650
Ram : Corsair vengeance 16gb

everything seems to work, I can get to windows running through the motherboard and also it works with a different gpu but this one just goes to static

Cpu : intel i7 10700k
Motherboard : mag b560 torpedo
Gpu : gigabyte rtx 3060 vision of 12g
Power supply : evga b5 650
Ram : Corsair vengeance 16gb

everything seems to work, I can get to windows running through the motherboard and also it works with a different gpu but this one just goes to static
Nothing stands out as a possible cause apart from a faulty gpu. Can you try the gpu on another pc and see if does the same?

Jun 28, 2022
Nothing stands out as a possible cause apart from a faulty gpu. Can you try the gpu on another pc and see if does the same?
I just tried it in my old pc and it seems to boot up to windows perfectly? I really don’t understand, do you think it just doesn’t have enough power maybe?

Jun 28, 2022
I just tried it in my old pc and it seems to boot up to windows perfectly? I really don’t understand, do you think it just doesn’t have enough power maybe?
Never mind it is not working, it’s using Microsoft basic display adapter instead of the new gpu