I think my motherboard bit the dust.. What are my options?

Apr 5, 2018
Let me try and explain things best I can, I'm still fairly new to all of this.

Back in Dec 2016 I built my first desktop (gaming) computer.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZG6wkT

It has been fantastic, up until just recently where I went to start it up and nothing showed up on my monitors. I checked all the obvious things at the time, even plugged it in to my TV to see if my monitors or connections could have been at fault. Nope, nothing. Can't get into bios either as nothing comes up op screen whatsoever. There is a red diagnostic LED that says DRAM on the motherboard and doesn't go away. But all of the fans, etc work.

Now believe me, I have spent the last 3 or 4 days of straight googling the issue and I have tried everything suggested. I've tried different RAM, putting each stick into different slots, every combination there is, 1 stick, etc. Can't get past the DRAM light.

What's odd is that every single person I've seen have this issue it is on a brand new build and they are trying to get into the first boot. With me, this computer has been working great for over a year now until suddenly.

I've tried everything else too. I've completely stripped everything off of the motherboard, inspected each and every part, harness, connector. Reset CMOS. Nothing works....

So now, unless I am missing something, I really don't know what to do from here. I filled out an RMA application, but that whole process is such a headache on second thought I don't know if I even want to go through with sending this thing back. I don't have an anti-static bag put it in, I don't even know if I want to keep using this z170-a now that I'm reading so many horror stories on it.

I can't just pop in a whole different (LGA1151) motherboard can I? I'd hate to have to reinstall Windows and all of my games all over again but at this point, who knows.

It's just frustrating, any help is greatly appreciated.