Question I think my motherboard is bricked.

Mar 18, 2019
Hello,

I finished my own custom gaming pc last week. I had attempted to update the bios to the latest version. Once updated and rebooted the system. Unfortunately, after the update, the computer won't boot up or anything. However, I can see that's motherboard some led light up View: https://imgur.com/a/0dRuVmF
. My PSU is fine and working after tested.

I tried to remove the CMOS battery for an hour or less (like three times now) and then nothing happened. I think my gigabyte motherboard got bricked. What should I do? Anyways, I'm new to here well.

My spec;
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 GAMING X (rev. 1.0)
CPU: Intel Core i7-8700k @ 3.7 GHz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
RAM: 16 GB (Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 DRAM 2666MHz - 2x8GB)
Graphic Card: None, using the integrated graphics as Intel UHD Graphics 630
SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA
HDD: 4 TB (Seagate BarraCuda) + 1 TB (HGST)

Uhsa

Prominent
Mar 22, 2019
Hello,

I finished my own custom gaming pc last week. I had attempted to update the bios to the latest version. Once updated and rebooted the system. Unfortunately, after the update, the computer won't boot up or anything. However, I can see that's motherboard some led light up View: https://imgur.com/a/0dRuVmF
. My PSU is fine and working after tested.

I tried to remove the CMOS battery for an hour or less (like three times now) and then nothing happened. I think my gigabyte motherboard got bricked. What should I do? Anyways, I'm new to here well.

My spec;
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 GAMING X (rev. 1.0)
CPU: Intel Core i7-8700k @ 3.7 GHz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
RAM: 16 GB (Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 DRAM 2666MHz - 2x8GB)
Graphic Card: None, using the integrated graphics as Intel UHD Graphics 630
SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA
HDD: 4 TB (Seagate BarraCuda) + 1 TB (HGST)
I got the same issue. Well i guess BIOS chip has to be replaced with a new one with default BIOS.