Question I think my motherboard is fried or messed up can u help?

Mar 2, 2019
I’m a first time 14 year old builder I spent 4 hours making sher my parts/wires were connect properly everything is turned on when I boot my system the rgb on my motherboard turns on but my fans ram and video card don’t I don’t know if it’s my power supply I didn’t check the fan. I think I ether bent a pin or two or I got thermal paste in the cpu slot but i don’t think it’s the second 1 if anyone can help that would be awesome.

Please describe motherboard, CPU, GPU and PSU.

The most common problems with builds are connections not being made correctly or tightly...so double check all connectors and that none are missing. Another common problem is connecting the monitor video cable to the wrong connector if you have a discrete GPU: be sure it's one on the video card.

Did you use all the stand offs required for your motherboard? and did you remove any that are unneeded? Standoffs keep the board from touching the metal parts of the case, but unused ones can also touch and short to the bottom of the board.

Lastly, getting thermal paste in the CPU socket could be very bad if you have an Intel board, especially if you made any attempt to clean it off. The pins in modern Intel sockets are exremely fragile and cannot be easily repaired if at all. If you can, take pictures of your socket and post them.

Mar 2, 2019
Please describe motherboard, CPU, GPU and PSU.

The most common problems with builds are connections not being made correctly or tightly...so double check all connectors and that none are missing. Another common problem is connecting the monitor video cable to the wrong connector if you have a discrete GPU: be sure it's one on the video card.

Did you use all the stand offs required for your motherboard? and did you remove any that are unneeded? Standoffs keep the board from touching the metal parts of the case, but unused ones can also touch and short to the bottom of the board.

Lastly, getting thermal paste in the CPU socket could be very bad if you have an Intel board, especially if you made any attempt to clean it off. The pins in modern Intel sockets are exremely fragile and cannot be easily repaired if at all. If you can, take pictures of your socket and post them.
Thanks for your help the power connector from my case wasn’t fully plugged in cause I switched it around and didn’t push hard enough sorry to waste your time.