[SOLVED] I think my new gpu is broken :( (sapphire pulse rx vega 56)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Dec 11, 2018
So my computer has gone no signal randomly for a few days. It stays on and music keeps playing, but I can hear this weird static noise through the headphones. I have to restart the computer to go on again. Today it did it again and I restarted it and I have no signal at all, so I put my old GPU (msi r7 360) and I have signal and haven't got the issue yet. I'm from Finland and I bought the card from mindfactory, so I'm scared of the RMA thing. I don't have another computer to test the card. I'm using Radeon 19.5.2. Also with that vega card every time I boot the computer there are these weird lines going on the screen and then it boots ???
Here is my rig :(
CPU: Intel Core i5-8600K @3.6ghz
GPU: Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX Vega 56
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8gb 3000mhz
SSD: Kingston A400 480gb
PSU: Be Quiet System Power 9 700w
HDD: Seagate Barracuda Green 1TB
CPU Cooler: Rajintek LETO Pro RGB
Case: Silentinum Pc Regnum RG4T Tempered Glass
MBD: Asus Tuf Z370-Plus
Fans: Id-Cooling SF-12025 5X
Setup:

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma v2
Mouse: BenQ Zowie ec2-a White Special Edition
Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control L
Display: Asus ROG Swift XG258Q 240hz
Display 2: Asus VS248HR
Headset: Sennheiser GAME ZERO
Chair : DXRACER Formula F08 Black and White

Community

Last edited:
Solution
Luckily I didn't buy a new PSU. I uninstalled GPU drivers twice and installed 17.12.1 and now I'm able to play again. So the solution to this is downloading older drivers and wait for amd to fix this.
Well, I don't see any other potential issues we can work on here. If you can see other potential avenues of investigation, by all means let's explore them.

I'm keen on thinking this is a power related problem you have, but there's other things I could think about... Drivers, for some reason, not playing well with your card; have you tried several versions back and using the driver cleaner application between installs? BIOS updated to the latest or even tried previous revisions? Some issue with the CPU or the RAM somehow messing with the PC in some weird and backhanded way making it crash? Although this doesn't happen with the 360 as you mentioned, right? Can you check if there's a new firmware for your Vega card from the manufacturer?

If I can think of any other possibility I'll post it, but this is getting trickier.

Cheers!

Dec 11, 2018
Luckily I didn't buy a new PSU. I uninstalled GPU drivers twice and installed 17.12.1 and now I'm able to play again. So the solution to this is downloading older drivers and wait for amd to fix this.

Solution
Dec 11, 2018
Ah, sh*t here we go again. Well I've gotten
0x00000116 BSOD now few times in chrome, not in-game though and I can play. I'm gonna wait amd to fix this.