Question I think my pc is power outage-ing my house

May 2, 2022
My temperature goes high fans go loud then just dark
This is only happening when I'm playing vrchat (Oculus quest 2 Linkcable)
I don't know what's causing this but yesterday the electricity got "Limited" like half of the house got power, lights were on also for ac but the pc's shut down

Its as if my pc doesn't have a thing for it to shutdown when the temperature rises.

My Gpu is a 3080 ti with a 1k wats power supply

May 2, 2022
My gpu is a 3080 ti zotac
and a i7-9700k
and 32ram
power supply 1000 watts strider platinum (https://c1.neweggimages.com/ProductImage/17-256-215-V02.jpg)
My avg tempreture is from 59 - 72 this is normal because I have a very bad cooling pc
I could play very intensive games without a problem but when I'm playing vrchat this would happen
Also I'm very sure its my pc and not anything else because if it were then this is a very lucky coincidence to happen when my fans just ramp up

My gpu is a 3080 ti zotac
and a i7-9700k
and 32ram
power supply 1000 watts strider platinum (https://c1.neweggimages.com/ProductImage/17-256-215-V02.jpg)
My avg tempreture is from 59 - 72 this is normal because I have a very bad cooling pc
I could play very intensive games without a problem but when I'm playing vrchat this would happen
Also I'm very sure its my pc and not anything else because if it were then this is a very lucky coincidence to happen when my fans just ramp up
Looks ok. Does that gpu have 2 or 3 power sockets (8 pin pcie power sockets)? Does each socket have its own power cable or are 2 sockets connected using 1 power cable?

Mike2009

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
what it sounds like to me is the pc is overloading the circuit ,which really should not happen but if half your house is going dark it means half that house is on the same circuit, which means theres a whole lot of stuff depending on that circuit, and causing the circuit breaker to trip ,, i just thing the pc is just pushing it over the edge,, pc isnt the issue its your house circuit being over loaded, you could put a larger circuit breaker in place for that particular circuit but your still rnning the risk of overloading the lines in t that particular side of the house. i suggest you test the pc on the side of the house that doesnt trip, if it works fine over there then maybe youd be ok running an industrial extension cord to your desired room ,, if thats not an option youll need to contact an electrician about installing a dedicated circuit ,,, i would not suggest replacing the circuit breaker with a high amperage on ,, because the wiring in the house itself is limited and will get hot in the walls if your not careful.