[SOLVED] I think my PC is under performing.

Nov 18, 2018
I did the userbenchmark and it say all of my stuff is way underperforming when it should not be. I'm not the type to be able to trouble shoot anything on my own so any suggestions would help. I have a prebuilt alienware. Here is the link to my user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/20407415
Specs:
GPU: GTX 1080 8gb
CPU: I7-8700 3.2 Ghz
Memory: 16 GB
motherboard: unknown

Solution
I'm willing to bet the gpu is a lower clocked variety or stock clocks and is actually performing in line considering the benchmark reference includes all models including overclocked varieties.

The cpu isn't boosting to 4.2ghz like it should, could be a limitation of a cheap board with inferior vrms or just the chip throttling due to overheating.

userbenchmark is really just a snapshot and not really indicative of your pc's performance, don't actually use it to legitimately gauge your performance. Could try cpu-z bench and see if it still doesnt boost to 4.3.
I'm willing to bet the gpu is a lower clocked variety or stock clocks and is actually performing in line considering the benchmark reference includes all models including overclocked varieties.

The cpu isn't boosting to 4.2ghz like it should, could be a limitation of a cheap board with inferior vrms or just the chip throttling due to overheating.

userbenchmark is really just a snapshot and not really indicative of your pc's performance, don't actually use it to legitimately gauge your performance. Could try cpu-z bench and see if it still doesnt boost to 4.3.

Solution