Question I think my processor is messing up or something, I need help trying to fix my frames in games

Apr 16, 2019
My frames drop in games when I really feel like they shouldn't. Things like Smite run at 30-60 at max settings but Risk of Rain 2 runs at what feels like 5 frames on lowest when monsters start to actually spawn everywhere so I feel like it's a processor problem and not a video card or anything like that. My specs are:

Intel i7 8th Gen processor @ 2.20GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
8 Gigs of RAM
2 Cooling Fans
1 Terabyte Hybrid Drive

If you need anymore info just ask and I will do my best to get it. Thank you for reading this far and helping out

It's quite probable that you are using the iGPU of the CPU instead of the 1050Ti .
This is a laptop right? No desktop i7 would run at 2.2Ghz.
With laptops you really should use the GPU drivers the laptop gives you so that windows will automatically know which one to use for what.

Apr 16, 2019
It's quite probable that you are using the iGPU of the CPU instead of the 1050Ti .
This is a laptop right? No desktop i7 would run at 2.2Ghz.
With laptops you really should use the GPU drivers the laptop gives you so that windows will automatically know which one to use for what.
I just put my fans to run on full blast while playing just to see what would happen and it worked perfectly. I guess my fans aren't activating when they should be by themselves?