[SOLVED] I think my PSU is faulty can anybody help me?

Apr 8, 2021
So for the last couple of weeks my pc have just been turning restarting when it's my GPU is at 60-70c which i don't think is alot for a GPU, but i posted another thread about this and people started to speculate that it's my PSU, but why only when i GPU intervise games? Can anyone answer me would be alot of help.

My specs:

RX 5700 XT

16 Gb ram 3200 mhz

R5 3600

AMD wraith cooler

Corsair VS650 PSU

If anybody wants more details about my pc just ask.

Solution
Under load, a GPU will draw more power.
650w should be sufficient.
The Corsair VS is not considered to be a high quality psu.
Tier 5/6 on this list:
If a psu is suspect, the only way to diagnose is to replace with a known good psu of sufficient power.

If you buy a new PSU, make it a top quality unit with a 7-10 year warranty and sufficient power to handle a future upgrade.

750w would be about right.
A PSU will only use the wattage demanded of it, regardless of it's max capability.
Apr 8, 2021
It’s a lower quality psu that is not a great choice for a gaming pc. The gpu will put a higher load on psu in more intensive games.

The only real way to prove it’s the psu is trying another good quality psu.
Okay, thank you so much for helping me! I will take it to the people that build my PC soon.

AMD recommends a minimum 600w supply for the reference card...if you're running a factory overclocked card (like mine is) then even 650w may not be enough PSU. Personally I would be looking for something in the 750w range so the PSU isn't working hard all the time while you're gaming.

Under load, a GPU will draw more power.
650w should be sufficient.
The Corsair VS is not considered to be a high quality psu.
Tier 5/6 on this list:
If a psu is suspect, the only way to diagnose is to replace with a known good psu of sufficient power.

If you buy a new PSU, make it a top quality unit with a 7-10 year warranty and sufficient power to handle a future upgrade.

750w would be about right.
A PSU will only use the wattage demanded of it, regardless of it's max capability.

Solution
Apr 8, 2021
Hey! Hardware issues with RAM or hard disk or new hardware changes can also lead to automatic and random system shutdowns or restarts. Other factors that cause a computer to restart automatically are: Change in registry values due to malware or virus infection. Untrusted program installation
Hey dude. I found out it was the PSU that was bad, but prob getting a new one soon. I also found out if i played with power balance it doesn't crash or restart, but thanks fo helping anyways!

D

Deleted member 2720853

Hey dude. I found out it was the PSU that was bad, but prob getting a new one soon. I also found out if i played with power balance it doesn't crash or restart, but thanks fo helping anyways!
Make sure you get a good quality one. A bottom line budget one that works for a gaming rig is the Corsair CX 650 Gray. I would recommend a RM650x (2018) or Seasonic Focus GX-650 for your build. Both Tier A on the tier list.