[SOLVED] I think something's wrong with my new graphics card ?

Mar 5, 2021
I got a brand new pc and my computer sometimes crashes in to a black screen where i can not go alt + tab or anything it just black screen and a buzzing sound just like in this video,
View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NfAgik-GUGM
, can anyone help me with this please it did not happen for two days until today when i started photoshop cs6 and it crashed my computer 2 times and there were no buzzing sounds but after the third time it finally started the program. Today it also happened while i started a video and thats the time it made the buzzing sound. Please help me guys this problem is so frustrating.

Intel I9 10900KF.
Z490F gaming ASUS ROG
MSI Radeon RX 5600XT Mech OC 6 GB DDR6.
4x8 32 GB Crucial Ballistix 3000MHz CL15. (2 of them are rgb 2 of them are normal)
512 GB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD.
2 TB Toshiba HDD.
750W Thermaltake 80 bronze

Last edited:
Solution
I think it could very well be none of the above. Do the usual rigamarole, prime95, furmark, and memtest 86, running memtest for full 4 passes and prime95/furmark for around 2 hours each. But in addition (and prob best to do this first) reset your CMOS and update your BIOS (check to see if stable after resetting CMOS before updating BIOS).

Also EXTREMELY IMPORTANT

As Vyrvelata said, perform a clean install of GPU drivers. Go to amd's site and download the latest stable driver (not the optional). When you get to the screen asking you where you would like to install/how you would like to install, click additionally options and select clean install. Make sure you choose to remove all GPU settings when given the option. A bunch of AMD's...
I got a brand new pc and my computer sometimes crashes in to a black screen where i can not go alt + tab or anything it just black screen and a buzzing sound just like in this video,
View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NfAgik-GUGM
, can anyone help me with this please it did not happen for two days until today when i started photoshop cs6 and it crashed my computer 2 times and there were no buzzing sounds but after the third time it finally started the program. Today it also happened while i started a video and thats the time it made the buzzing sound. Please help me guys this problem is so frustrating.

Intel I9 10900KF.
Z490F gaming ASUS ROG
MSI Radeon RX 5600XT Mech OC 6 GB DDR6.
4x8 32 GB Crucial Ballistix 3000MHz CL15.
512 GB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD.
2 TB Toshiba HDD.
750W Thermaltake 80 bronze
What is the model number of your Thermaltake PSU? Is it new?

Mar 5, 2021
You can start with your ram (start with 8 and test if it will crash)
Try Different drivers and reinstall them with DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller)|
I really don't like the PSU
Check your temps!
my temps are not anything higher than 65 degrees, i installed the brand new drivers for the 5600xt there is also rams cant be the issue since its been a month since i bought this computer.

Mar 5, 2021
You have good system specs but the power supply is very low quality and not a good choice for the parts you're using. It makes me wonder why you have such a good system with a very cheap power supply.
since i live in turkey the power supply im using is not a cheap one and there wasnt much left for psu after buying these parts. Do you think this problem is causing because of psu or gpu?

Andrewbandrew05

Reputable
Jun 30, 2019
I think it could very well be none of the above. Do the usual rigamarole, prime95, furmark, and memtest 86, running memtest for full 4 passes and prime95/furmark for around 2 hours each. But in addition (and prob best to do this first) reset your CMOS and update your BIOS (check to see if stable after resetting CMOS before updating BIOS).

Also EXTREMELY IMPORTANT

As Vyrvelata said, perform a clean install of GPU drivers. Go to amd's site and download the latest stable driver (not the optional). When you get to the screen asking you where you would like to install/how you would like to install, click additionally options and select clean install. Make sure you choose to remove all GPU settings when given the option. A bunch of AMD's gpus have suffered from similar problems to this and you could very well have a simple driver problem.

Solution
since i live in turkey the power supply im using is not a cheap one and there wasnt much left for psu after buying these parts. Do you think this problem is causing because of psu or gpu?

"...there wasnt much left for psu after buying these parts."

This is a problem. The most important part of the system is the power supply. Choosing a bad model because of insufficient funds does not help make for a good computer. It's unfortunate that prices are high where you live but the fact remains the PSU you bought is very low quality and does not belong in your system. Even if the problem your system is having lies elsewhere you should not be using such a bad power supply.