[SOLVED] I think that my PC is underpreforming, please help me.

Seltop

Reputable
Dec 11, 2019
Hey, I think that my PC has started underpreforming for some reason.... I dont know why but I use to have around 400-800 FPS playing minecraft and currently I am getting rarely 300. I know, boohoo, only 300 FPS, but its effects other games as well, I can play overwatch getting 30 FPS when I use to get around 60 - 250 FPS.
I also get huge lag spikes while playing.
I have no idea why this is happening, it just started one day and I am suffering since then.

Specs:
GPU - RTX 2060 Super
CPU - Ryzen 3 3200g (I know its a trash combo)
RAM - Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32g 3200hz
FANS - Corsair LL120 x6
Power Supply - 600w
System - Windows 10
Motherboard - msi b450m mortar titanium

Please help me,
Thanks, Seltop.

Solution
Malwarebytes does not run Antivirus checks. Not that I've ever heard of or seen. That's usually taken up by Windows Defender and malicious software security. Malwarebytes has the wrong engine and definitions. Malwarebytes and other malware hunters only do malware and Trojans, both of which are related. Which are totally not related to virus, worms or other destructive programming.

Run both.

MBAM is incapable of dealing with File Infecting Viruses. That is MBAM is incapable or removing malicious code that has been prepended, appended or cavity injected into a legitimate file. MBAM can not "remove" true viruses such as Virut, Parite and Sality because MBAM can not remove the malicious code and bring the file back to its original...

Seltop

Reputable
Dec 11, 2019
Have you updated the gpu drivers? Check with your task manager make sure all your memory is working. Did you install something recently and then this problem started?
Drivers are 100% updated, I also tried reinstalling them at one point.
My system is using 29g of the 32, which is normal.
I have installed another 16g but the problem started way before that

Seltop

Reputable
Dec 11, 2019
Your ram is working at 2133mhz (instead of 3200mhz).
That's why you're getting lowered performance.

With 4 ram modules it might not be possible to achieve max ram frequency anymore.
Anyway - try 3200mhz, test stability. May need to set it to 2933mhz.
Your ram is working at 2133mhz (instead of 3200mhz).
That's why you're getting lowered performance.

With 4 ram modules it might not be possible to achieve max ram frequency anymore.
Anyway - try 3200mhz, test stability. May need to set it to 2933mhz.
How do I do that?

Fiorezy

Notable
Jul 3, 2020
I am not sure about the PSU model, how can I check?
What is XMP?
I have windows on my M.2 drive
Open your chassis and check the PSU from there.
XMP is a feature that will make the RAM modules run at the rated speed, if this feature is disabled, the memory will run at 2133Mhz which is the base speed for DDR4, and in your case, it is disabled as per the screenshot you provided.
Also, it is very important that your RAM sticks are installed in slot#2 and #4 (slot#1 is the closest to the CPU).
How do I do that?
To enable XMP, boot into BIOS and just click on the A-XMP button, save and reboot then check in BIOS if the RAM speed is 3200Mhz, if your system fails to boot, enable XMP and change speed to 2933Mhz, if it succeeds to boot, you can check the RAM speed in Windows by going to task Manager>Performance>Memory

Seltop

Reputable
Dec 11, 2019
Open your chassis and check the PSU from there.
XMP is a feature that will make the RAM modules run at the rated speed, if this feature is disabled, the memory will run at 2133Mhz which is the base speed for DDR4, and in your case, it is disabled as per the screenshot you provided.
Also, it is very important that your RAM sticks are installed in slot#2 and #4 (slot#1 is the closest to the CPU).

To enable XMP, boot into BIOS and just click on the A-XMP button, save and reboot then check in BIOS if the RAM speed is 3200Mhz, if your system fails to boot, enable XMP and change speed to 2933Mhz, if it succeeds to boot, you can check the RAM speed in Windows by going to task Manager>Performance>Memory
Hey I changed the RAM speed and it wasnt it, I still get the same results.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Best power plan for Ryzens is Balanced..

Why is your pc using 29GB of ram? That's massive ram use, Windows only uses about 2.5GB at best (worst) and even intense games at 4K might only see another 10-12GB.

Good luck using 4 sticks of ram with anything over 2133MHz for that cpu. They don't like it at all.

You'd be far better off using 2x sticks at 3200MHz than 4x at 2133MHz. Unless you are actually using more than 16GB of ram, which is vastly different to what's available for use.

When was the last time you actually cleaned the dust from the heatsink/fan? Did you run into any errors/blue screens that forced a change in bios settings? Did you update the motherboard chipset drivers and bios to match the Windows Major update a couple weeks back?

D

Deleted member 2720853

Keep Ryzen Balanced power plan for Ryzen. Install AMD chipset drivers.

I'd get two sticks of 2x8GB 3200 MHz if I were you.

Uninstall AVG and keep defender as real time AV, and Malwarebytes for ocassional scanning (i would suggest you do a Malwarebytes scan (custom scan for whole system including rootkits) right now considering your RAM usage). uBlock Origin as browser extension.

Seltop

Reputable
Dec 11, 2019
Keep Ryzen Balanced power plan for Ryzen. Install AMD chipset drivers.

I'd get two sticks of 2x8GB 3200 MHz if I were you.

Uninstall AVG and keep defender as real time AV, and Malwarebytes for ocassional scanning (i would suggest you do a Malwarebytes scan (custom scan for whole system including rootkits) right now considering your RAM usage). uBlock Origin as browser extension.
Ill make sure to do that but I'm going to switch to i9 9900k soon, Im just waiting for the motherboard i want to be in stock agian...

D

Deleted member 2720853

Ill make sure to do that but I'm going to switch to i9 9900k soon, Im just waiting for the motherboard i want to be in stock agian...
In that case, when you do get it, completely wipe your drive and reinstall your OS. New motherboard = new OS.

The Intel chip will like your memory configuration more, so be sure to enable XMP in the BIOS.

Again, don't use any third party AVs.

Seltop

Reputable
Dec 11, 2019
Best power plan for Ryzens is Balanced..

Why is your pc using 29GB of ram? That's massive ram use, Windows only uses about 2.5GB at best (worst) and even intense games at 4K might only see another 10-12GB.

Good luck using 4 sticks of ram with anything over 2133MHz for that cpu. They don't like it at all.

You'd be far better off using 2x sticks at 3200MHz than 4x at 2133MHz. Unless you are actually using more than 16GB of ram, which is vastly different to what's available for use.

When was the last time you actually cleaned the dust from the heatsink/fan? Did you run into any errors/blue screens that forced a change in bios settings? Did you update the motherboard chipset drivers and bios to match the Windows Major update a couple weeks back?
1. Ill make to change that

2. It might be malware, Im gonna switch my anti-virus

3. Im going to switch to i9 9900k when my intel motherboard is going to be back in stock, I got really f...

4. I am using most of the ram for video editing/rendering

5. Its pretty clean for the most part, Ist about 4-6 month old.

Seltop

Reputable
Dec 11, 2019
In that case, when you do get it, completely wipe your drive and reinstall your OS. New motherboard = new OS.

The Intel chip will like your memory configuration more, so be sure to enable XMP in the BIOS.

Again, don't use any third party AVs.
Ok thanks, Im just hoping that the motherboard will be back in stuck soon... Im can get a really really good deal on it