[SOLVED] I think that my PC is underpreforming, please help me.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Seltop

Reputable
Dec 11, 2019
Hey, I think that my PC has started underpreforming for some reason.... I dont know why but I use to have around 400-800 FPS playing minecraft and currently I am getting rarely 300. I know, boohoo, only 300 FPS, but its effects other games as well, I can play overwatch getting 30 FPS when I use to get around 60 - 250 FPS.
I also get huge lag spikes while playing.
I have no idea why this is happening, it just started one day and I am suffering since then.

Specs:
GPU - RTX 2060 Super
CPU - Ryzen 3 3200g (I know its a trash combo)
RAM - Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32g 3200hz
FANS - Corsair LL120 x6
Power Supply - 600w
System - Windows 10
Motherboard - msi b450m mortar titanium

Please help me,
Thanks, Seltop.

Solution
Malwarebytes does not run Antivirus checks. Not that I've ever heard of or seen. That's usually taken up by Windows Defender and malicious software security. Malwarebytes has the wrong engine and definitions. Malwarebytes and other malware hunters only do malware and Trojans, both of which are related. Which are totally not related to virus, worms or other destructive programming.

Run both.

MBAM is incapable of dealing with File Infecting Viruses. That is MBAM is incapable or removing malicious code that has been prepended, appended or cavity injected into a legitimate file. MBAM can not "remove" true viruses such as Virut, Parite and Sality because MBAM can not remove the malicious code and bring the file back to its original...

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
2. It might be malware, Im gonna switch my anti-virus

Malware and virus are Not the same thing. Not even close. Anti-virus programs are just that, designed to pickup on virus and worm signitures. Malware, malicious software, Trojans, those are totally different as they don't have an exact signiture, they have patterns of behavior.

For malware, use malwarebytes etc. Anti-virus isn't the same, regardless of brand.

Virus destroys. Malware builds.

Herr B

Commendable
May 29, 2020
Might be stupid, but, how old is the computer and when has it last been serviced? (Cleaned) the CPU heasink might be clogged with dust, happens to me every 3 months.
Also, are the air intakes/exhausts clear?
and you might want to check if all fans ( including case fans) are running properly.

edit:
When was the last time you actually cleaned the dust from the heatsink/fan? Did you run into any errors/blue screens that forced a change in bios settings? Did you update the motherboard chipset drivers and bios to match the Windows Major update a couple weeks back?

ah never mind, didnt see that post but yeah. thought of the same. Havent seen any temerature check though. Benchmark would also be good.

Last edited:

Fiorezy

Notable
Jul 3, 2020
You are still running RAM speed at 2133mhz that is why you haven't got any improvements.

A wise man once said: The best Antivirus is you, simply don't download any files from suspecious sources and don't plug usb drives from your friends and you will be fine. So I would recommend uninstalling your antivirus, it is not worth it.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Malwarebytes does not run Antivirus checks. Not that I've ever heard of or seen. That's usually taken up by Windows Defender and malicious software security. Malwarebytes has the wrong engine and definitions. Malwarebytes and other malware hunters only do malware and Trojans, both of which are related. Which are totally not related to virus, worms or other destructive programming.

Run both.

MBAM is incapable of dealing with File Infecting Viruses. That is MBAM is incapable or removing malicious code that has been prepended, appended or cavity injected into a legitimate file. MBAM can not "remove" true viruses such as Virut, Parite and Sality because MBAM can not remove the malicious code and bring the file back to its original state. This is also true for what is a deemed a trojanized or patched file. At best MBAM will try to replace it with a known clean, unaltered, file. That is why it is an anti malware and NOT an anti virus product

From Malwarebytes Official website. Malwarebytes might be able to help stop virus infection, if you have the Premium paid version, but if you have the free version, you don't get the live file protection, virus Will get through and then you'll need an Antivirus software of some sort to deal with it.

Last edited:
Solution

Seltop

Reputable
Dec 11, 2019
You are still running RAM speed at 2133mhz that is why you haven't got any improvements.

A wise man once said: The best Antivirus is you, simply don't download any files from suspecious sources and don't plug usb drives from your friends and you will be fine. So I would recommend uninstalling your antivirus, it is not worth it.
ha... well, is there a video you can send me on how to change it? I thought i changed it...

D

Deleted member 14196

Run both.

From Malwarebytes Official website. Malwarebytes might be able to help stop virus infection, if you have the Premium paid version, but if you have the free version, you don't get the live file protection, virus Will get through and then you'll need an Antivirus software of some sort to deal with it.
I have premium and it replaces windows defender