I think there's a problem with my PC and I don't know what to do.

GMj0sh

Honorable
Jan 5, 2016
When I built my PC I thought it would do absolutely amazing, upgrading from a $500 pre-built that I have had for +3 years to a $1600 PC that I built recently. After awhile, I was looking through videos and benchmarks and my PC was hitting nowhere near the average marks. But it was doing fine for a month or two, it wasn't dipping anywhere near it is now. Now my PC is now extremely slow and laggy, it takes 3 minutes to open google chrome and I can't play games like Fallout 4 and GTA 5 at around the average FPS at all. There is major lag, freezing, and I just don't know what to do, any advice or suggestions would be extremely appreciated.

My PC
Graphics Card ~ ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080
Motherboard ~ MSI Z170A M5
Processor ~ i7 6700k
Power Supply ~ Thermaltake TR2 600w
RAM ~ DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4 3200MHz
Hard Drive ~ Western Digital 1 Terabyte 7200rpm

I believe its my power supply, I switched it out of my pre-built a year and a half ago. But I think it can't handle my PC or it's dying.

Lutfij

Titan
1| I'd suggest you try and swap the PSU for something more robust.

2| You forgot to mention the OS. Is it Windows 10?

3| If you're on Windows 10, make sure your motherboard BIOS and graphics card drivers are up to date. If you've verified that the PSU isn't the culprit, you might need to reinstall the OS after you recreate the bootable USB installer to rule out a corrupt installer.

GMj0sh

Honorable
Jan 5, 2016

Yes I'm running off of windows 10. And all of my parts' drivers are up to date. I don't have an additional PSU to swap mine out. I think it just might be my PSU. I'm not getting any blue, black, or error screen crashes if I were to have a corrupted installation. Never had one with this PC. I'll look over the PSU tier list for me to find a better one to replace mine. Thank you.