[SOLVED] I took this small plastic out

Solution
Yes I also thinks that this is some retaining clip.. It came directly out of the motherboard to the GPU installation , I thougt that I should press on it to get the GPU out..
I hopes its really nothing serious.. as I can try to fix that but I'm not sure how important this thing is..
It may not be important.....as I said....I've never used one of those when I have installed a GPU.

It MAY be for added GPU support? This is just a guess.

They do sell aftermarket brackets to support GPUs.....so if you needed more support...you could always get one of those.

SaarVFX

Prominent
Sep 24, 2020
It doesn't look like anything I've ever used when installing a GPU.
Where did it come from on the motherboard?
It looks like a retaining clip for something.

Yes I also thinks that this is some retaining clip.. It came directly out of the motherboard to the GPU installation , I thougt that I should press on it to get the GPU out..
I hopes its really nothing serious.. as I can try to fix that but I'm not sure how important this thing is..

It may not be important.....as I said....I've never used one of those when I have installed a GPU.

They do sell aftermarket brackets to support GPUs.....so if you needed more support...you could always get one of those.

Solution

SaarVFX

Prominent
Sep 24, 2020
It's the retaining clip for the top PCI-e slot.

So there’s nothing to worry about?

I think I can still use the one I have.. and I think your guess is right :)

TY !

If the back retaining clip is not it, the card could shift, especially a longer heavier card, which may damage it or the socket.