[SOLVED] I tried everything to fix that noise with no success

SaarVFX

Prominent
Sep 24, 2020
Hey everyone!
I built my first PC by my self and when I turn it on and get into After Effets and loading a project there is a really weird noise like something is stuck somewhere on the Fans, so I called to friends to try figure it out, with no success..
Than I took it to the store I bought the Cooler, Power Supply and Case from, Lab so they can check it..
The technician told me after a week of my computer being there, that he let the computer run for a whole night and he tried really hard to hear some noise and he let his colleague to listen too and he is also couldn’t hear nothing..
They called me to tell me that, and let me hear near them the computer..
I didn’t hear nothing and he put some “heavy use” on my PC and there was NO noise..
I will mention that I don’t know why but I forgot to ask him to run AE in front of me....
Anyways my case is huge and the store is not really close to me.. and I paid for this check of them and I don’t know if I should get back to them and “struggle” with the weight of the whole PC and “annoy” them..
My last hope is you guys maybe you know where the noise come from or what should I do..
BTW, the GPU is second hand and the fan did make some noise but the PC noise is happening even when the fans can’t move..
Is there any smart test that I can do?
here is my PC specs:

TLDR: A weird rattling noise from my own PC that I built by myself. The lab didn’t help me and couldn’t hear the noise. The graphic card fan make some noise but the noise is happening even when the fans didn’t move move..

Intel Core i9-9900K
Seagate BarraCuda ST4000DM004 4TB

Western Digital 1TB PCI-Express 3.0 x4 64-layer 3D NAND Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI

CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB (2 x 32GB)

Corsair iCUE H115i RGB PRO XT Liquid CPU Milan Cooler Nikolic

Gigabyte PSU AORUS 850W PFC Gold 80+ Modular P850W

Second hand Gigabyte 1070ti

NZXT H710 Matte

Thank you very much for the reading!!

Last edited:
Solution
It is not hard to find out where the noise is coming from, open the case and listen to where the noise is from. You can also stop each fan with your finger to test it, or unplug them one at a time to see when the noise stops. Checking for noise in a case is pretty simple, all you need to do is listen. Your ears will tell you where the noise is from. It may even be a perfectly normal fan running at higher speeds, you can look for some low noise fans if you want. My system when I'm doing video conversion and the CPU is pegged at full use is about double the loudness of it when used for gaming.

SaarVFX

Prominent
Sep 24, 2020
I just found this thread : Weird noise threadwhich he is saying: “ in case anyone stumbles upon this, I figured it out, it was the tiny cooler on the MSI motherboard next to the M2 heatsinks. It was spinning at 5000+ RPM sometimes, I made a manual profile in BIOS to limit its max speed and it seems fine now.
This thing helped him.. but I don’t know how to do that and how to search about how to do that lol
I would really appreciate if someone can tell me where to find how to do that

SaarVFX

Prominent
Sep 24, 2020
I watched videos with coil noise in youtube now to try and compare the coil noise with my noise in here and I must say that this is not really like it.. this is more like the noise in this thread:

If the GPU fans doesn't move is it still make sense that there is coil wine ?

I will upload a video later
Thanks !

Fiorezy

Notable
Jul 3, 2020
This thing helped him.. but I don’t know how to do that and how to search about how to do that lol
I would really appreciate if someone can tell me where to find how to do that
This is doable using fan control on the BIOS, look at your motherboard manual for how to do it.
Btw that tiny fan is for cooling the chipset.

sidekick99

Reputable
Dec 10, 2016
You will hear the coils even without fans spinning.
But watching your vid i don't think it's coil whine tbh.

It sounds more like a case fan just doing its job. if you want to be sure you can unplug all your case fans (except the aio cooler one). And see if you still hear it or if you have any fan controlling software you can turn them down a little and listen.

SaarVFX

Prominent
Sep 24, 2020
Thank you I will definitely try that!
Do you know a good controlling software that can help me figure this out?
This noise is happening even when the computer just running without any softwares ON or something..

Last edited:
It is not hard to find out where the noise is coming from, open the case and listen to where the noise is from. You can also stop each fan with your finger to test it, or unplug them one at a time to see when the noise stops. Checking for noise in a case is pretty simple, all you need to do is listen. Your ears will tell you where the noise is from. It may even be a perfectly normal fan running at higher speeds, you can look for some low noise fans if you want. My system when I'm doing video conversion and the CPU is pegged at full use is about double the loudness of it when used for gaming.

Solution