Question I Tried Putting In A I5 1600 And It Didn’t Fit

May 13, 2019
I Tried To Put The I5 1600 In My PC and The Ports Didn’t Match So I Put Back In The Old One, Now The Pc Doesn’t Give Signal To My Monitor When I Turn It On, Please Help Me Because I Don’t Have Much Money As I’m Fairly Young And Wasted Mine On The I5.

no one really knows even what CPU you actually bought (never heard of any i5-1600, nor a 6100, which is an i3?), or what mainboard you attempted to put it in.

Double check what you actually purchased, and, what mainboard you are attempting to put it in...

(ALso unsure what you mean by 'ports don't match'...is this sayingperhasp the CPU and mainboard are mismatched with socket type?)

I Tried To Put The I5 1600 In My PC and The Ports Didn’t Match So I Put Back In The Old One, Now The Pc Doesn’t Give Signal To My Monitor When I Turn It On, Please Help Me Because I Don’t Have Much Money As I’m Fairly Young And Wasted Mine On The I5.

Get someone that knows about computer to look over the system, you could have damaged the motherboard CPU socket or have something not hooked up properly. No way to know what the issue is without actually seeing the system. If you managed to buy a CPU that did not fit your system it pretty much means you will need some help from someone to see what the issue is now.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
OP, double check what you bought/already have.
But it looks like you purchased a Ryzen 1600, proceeded to put it in your motherboard, which was of Intel brand(AMD and Intel cpus/motherboards are not cross compatible), bent/broke the socket pins in the process, thus why the old cpu doesn't work either.