Question I tried to fix my LAN not detecting internet, now both my LAN and Wi-Fi can't connect to the internet, how can i fix this?

nitronthe1st

Reputable
May 8, 2016

I'm using an Acer Nitro 5 laptop with windows 10 on and ordered a LAN cat6e cable for better connections while gaming since my last one broke.

It arrived about an hour ago, when i plugged it in, it said no internet, and labeled the network as "Unidentified Network". So im stuck with the wifi of the laptop trying to find a solution.

The first result that came up when i googled my problem was to go to cmd and type "ipconfig /release" then "ipconfig /renew" and did nothing.

Now i chose a (video tutorial)[
View: https://youtu.be/Y4pACPkoEXQ
] and it told me to use cmd in admin mode and type in
"netsh winsock reset catalog"
"netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log"
and restarted my computer.

I saw that there was no internet being detected through the LAN but also through the wifi, but i wasn't bothered at first since it often hapens and i just have to reset the router and so i did. However it was alarming when i noticed that my phone got wifi and my laptop still said no internet when its connected to the network. Now i'm clueless and stuck about what to do.

Can anyone offer their assistance?

nitronthe1st

Reputable
May 8, 2016
I kind of solved it by just resetting the settings through troubleshooter, but it only solved the Wi-Fi problem, my LAN connection is still basically useless, and i can't change the network from private to public, as there is no setting for it.