Question I Tried to Overclock Both of my Monitors... Now Only One Turns on at a Time

Horsetrcker

Commendable
Dec 2, 2019
Ok so I got my new monitor last night and I plugged it in alongside my other monitor it worked fine so I decided to overclock both of my Dell SE2717H's from 60Hz to70Hz. It worked fine all night and the next morning I turned my computer on, and it got to the windows boot then it turned black. I ended up having to hit the reset button, and unplug one monitor and then it decided to work. I Have called Nvidia, and they tried but referred me to the monitor manufacturer. So, I called Dell and they couldn't help either so if someone could help that would be amazing. I got a new monitor and an early Christmas present and it sucks not being able to use it.

Here are my specs
Ryzen 3 1200
Gigabyte GA- AB350
GeForce GTX 1050 ti
Thermaltake 500w
8GB patriot ram (don't know exactly)

Ralston18

Titan
Not sure that I am following events.

Does each monitor work if that monitor is the only connected monitor?

Is there a difference if either monitor is connected to the GPU or the motherboard?

I.e., just confirming that each monitor still works - but not both together on the GPU and/or motherboard.

Two monitors may be placing too much of a load on the PSu via the GPU.

May have worked until something gave out.

If everything works at 60Hz then 70Hz may be just too much.

Horsetrcker

Commendable
Dec 2, 2019
Not sure that I am following events.

Does each monitor work if that monitor is the only connected monitor?

Is there a difference if either monitor is connected to the GPU or the motherboard?

I.e., just confirming that each monitor still works - but not both together on the GPU and/or motherboard.

Two monitors may be placing too much of a load on the PSu via the GPU.

May have worked until something gave out.

If everything works at 60Hz then 70Hz may be just too much.

Yes

it's all connected to the GPU and no there isn't a difference

The monitors all work separately just not together

That could be the problem but it wouldn't explain the whole setup working fine the night before

zx128k

Reputable
It would. You basically turned your PC off and now the settings are be applied on boot. I would remove the overclock from both monitors and see if things are still working. Lack of reliability for whatever reason is an unstable overclock. Sounds like an issue applying an overclock with dual monitors. Could be the settings for the second monitor are borked. Just be careful monitors can die when you increase their refresh rate.