I undervolted my CPU & GPU and want to thank Toms forums for all the knowledge they provide over the years!

anceintsz

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2012
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

GPU: MSI 5500 XT OC Mech 4GB

PSU: A-power 680W Certified 85% on load

SSD: Samsung EVO 860 500GB

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x8 (16GB) 3200mhz

MOBO: ASUS TUF B450M Pro Gaming

I undervolted the 3600 until it wouldn't go past 75c and thermal throttle, because at normal voltage it kept hitting 87c, still waiting on my thermal paste to apply. I undervolted the 5500 XT, it is an amazing card by MSI, even on normal voltage and even overclocked it only gets to 80c.

I did this for system stability and while the recording shows 50 fps, that right there my good friends is 2560x1080 but modified to 90% down-rendered, so it maybe closer to 1920x1080!

In heavy traffic areas of the game where the CPU has to process AI, I still get above 60 fps. This is recorded @ 1280x720 60FPS. Keep in mind I did customize the settings, some are set to medium while others are at high!

Listen. I would have never been able to figure out half of the crap I do to computers if it weren't for the patient answers. Even if you are just trying to solve an issue and asking for help, you're still giving input into, my opinion the best place to learn about computers.

So it's a little bragging, right? Yeah..I guess. I just remember learning so much from these forums! Now I have a PC I never thought I would be able to have. I gave myself an opportunity and I took it, and because of how I knew to look at performance vs price-point, taking into account various issues that could happen, building the PC and giving it regular maintenance. I still don't know half as much as I should. That's why I go back here! Maybe I'm just in a manic mood, or realize how much I have yet to learn.
90% Tomshardware forums. 5% youtube videos.

Performance Bias

Video

ASK THE COMMUNITY