[SOLVED] I updated a bunch of drivers yesterday and now my taskbar in autohide lags and difficult to bring up ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy Sawyer

Commendable
Aug 20, 2021
I have a Sprout Immersive 23-s020 Computer by HP with Windows 10. OS Build: 19043.1165 Version: 21H1 https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04496998
and I decided to update a bunch of my drivers from HP website. Got them from the HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads page.

When I start up the computer a new extended monitor external display mixer popup appears (seems to be from HP) and my auto hide taskbar is disabled. I have to go back into taskbar settings and enable it, but after that the taskbar is hard to get back ... it lags or I have to move my cursor over the taskbar search area for it to appear.

Any ideas on why this happened? Should I just go back a few days do a system restore?

Here are the updates I installed:

Realtek High Definition Audio Driver
Intel Management Engine Interface Driver
Intel Graphics Driver - AIO 3C15 Win10(64-bit)
NVIDIA GeForce GT 745A Graphics Driver
Broadcom 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN Driver
Broadcom Bluetooth Driver
Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver for Haswell (AHCI)
Intel(R) 9 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller
Realtek USB Card Reader Driver
Seagate Hard Drive Firmware Update
HP Sure Connect

Solution
I think I figured it out. We'll see in good time. I have two monitors for this Sprout (I added another old HP monitor), and I have a setup for 3 monitors in the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel (right click on desktop screen). The 3 monitors is because the sprout has a second monitor for the down scan thing from above. So I guess when I updated divers it kinda wanted to reset the 3 monitors. I chose another setup (profile). I went back to my old profile and it seems to be working. CRAZY!

I'll report back.

Colif

Win 11 Master
it could just be additional programs loaded by hp

Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

Tommy Sawyer

Commendable
Aug 20, 2021
it could just be additional programs loaded by hp

Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

I tried this and right after Clean Boot, it still did it. Do you think if I run sfc /scannow that would help? It almost seems like it is kinda lagging.

Tommy Sawyer

Commendable
Aug 20, 2021
I think I figured it out. We'll see in good time. I have two monitors for this Sprout (I added another old HP monitor), and I have a setup for 3 monitors in the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel (right click on desktop screen). The 3 monitors is because the sprout has a second monitor for the down scan thing from above. So I guess when I updated divers it kinda wanted to reset the 3 monitors. I chose another setup (profile). I went back to my old profile and it seems to be working. CRAZY!

I'll report back.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.