Question I updated Bluetooth, Ethernet, RST, and WiFi driver to newest versions and after rebooting machine I lost display to my monitor.

Aug 27, 2020
Driver update caused many issues, original issue being of wouldn’t connect to Ethernet after powering up u bless I restarted. Monitor works with a other device, can’t get to POST or BIOS with keyboard commands and not seeing a jumper on motherboard to reset CMOS. At a loss, tried unplugging power and holding power button for 20 secs or so, same issue no display via hdmi...Even on motherboard hdmi input.

MSI MPG Z490 gamer edge with WiFi
Nvidia RTX 2060
64GB DDr4
I5-10400F
WD 512GB m.2 NVME SSD
1 TB HDD

Thanks for any help with trying to resolve this issue. PC is only 2 weeks old...

read the manual how to reset the CMOS (clear CMOS)
https://de.msi.com/Motherboard/support/MPG-Z490-GAMING-EDGE-WIFI#down-manual

JBAT1: Clear CMOS (Reset BIOS) Jumper There is CMOS memory onboard that is external powered from a battery located on the motherboard to save system configuration data. If you want to clear the system configuration, set the jumper to clear the CMOS memory. Keep Data (default) Clear CMOS/ Reset BIOS Resetting BIOS to default values 1. Power off the computer and unplug the power cord 2. Use a jumper cap to short JBAT1 for about 5-10 seconds. 3. Remove the jumper cap from JBAT1. 4. Plug the power cord and power on the computer.

Which power supply are you using?

The onboard HDMI doesn´t work because your CPU doesn´t provide an integrated GPU
only the 2060 can get you a picture

Reactions: Drakarys86
Aug 27, 2020
Hi I did power off the machine, unplugged power cable, placed the jumper cap on JBAT1 for 10 seconds then removed it, and then powered it all back up and same issue. Monitor says “no HDMI 2.0 signal detected”.
Power supply is a High Power 600W switching PSU (HP1-J600GD-F12S)

ASK THE COMMUNITY