[SOLVED] I updated my bios on my motherboard using Q-flash (auros b450 pro wifi) and now when I start my computer its frozen

Evan_Medeiros

Prominent
Feb 28, 2019
I updated the bios now when I start my computer it is frozen on the bios splash screen where it says Auros but it wont let me enter bios or anything. I have restarted it reset the cmos idk what to do please help. Oh also my vga red light is on, on my motherboard but i never touched my graphics card and its displaying the splash screen through it.

Solution
Usually, the settings are reset to defaults when updating BIOS. This probably explains why the display has defaulted back to the VGA output. I would try either unplugging all drives to see if you can get a boot media error and see if you can enter BIOS that way, or pulling the GPU. One or the other may work, or neither. If neither does, pull the RAM next. at this point the last resort would be to remove the CPU try to power it on. When it gives beep error for no CPU in socket, turn off and reseat CPU. That's where I would start though and see what happens.

ChangeinPortland

Commendable
Sep 9, 2019
Usually, the settings are reset to defaults when updating BIOS. This probably explains why the display has defaulted back to the VGA output. I would try either unplugging all drives to see if you can get a boot media error and see if you can enter BIOS that way, or pulling the GPU. One or the other may work, or neither. If neither does, pull the RAM next. at this point the last resort would be to remove the CPU try to power it on. When it gives beep error for no CPU in socket, turn off and reseat CPU. That's where I would start though and see what happens.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS