I updated my GPU drivers from Device Manager is this bad?

_dawn_chorus_

Honorable
Aug 30, 2017
I updated my nvidia drivers from device manager unintentionally thinking it would just search if there was a new one. It found one and installed it immediately. Aren't I suppose to uninstall the old one first? Would Windows have done that automatically? Should I do a clean install again?

Solution
Windows drivers for nvidia are fine as long as they recognize the card correctly and install without errors.But It's preferable to install house Nvidia graphics driver available on Nvidia website, it includes drivers, control panel, It's cleaner and safer to uninstall windows drivers in device manager (right click on the video card entry) which defaults windows to generic drivers for the card before going ahead and installing nvidia drivers package.

R0GG

Distinguished
Windows drivers for nvidia are fine as long as they recognize the card correctly and install without errors.But It's preferable to install house Nvidia graphics driver available on Nvidia website, it includes drivers, control panel, It's cleaner and safer to uninstall windows drivers in device manager (right click on the video card entry) which defaults windows to generic drivers for the card before going ahead and installing nvidia drivers package.

Solution