Question I updated Ryzen 5 5600G drivers and now my screen looks very ugly/pixalated/blurry/less detailed ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 24, 2022
The screen looks very ugly, 1080p videos on youtube just don't look like they are 1080p, kinda less detailed, I tried to play ARK and everything is so strange, almost like a filter is turned on, making everything very grainy.

I'm using iGPU (Vega). Everything is very pixalated. The resolution is correct 1920x1080 and the refresh rate 60 hz correct too.

I tried:
  • Tried to tweak in the AMD software, change pixel format, radeon boost, etc
  • Tried to use DDU to reinstall the drivers
  • Tried the most recent drive
  • Tried an older driver (from the same month that I bought the CPU). Don't know if this was the same driver i've used until yesterday because I was not the one who built the PC.
Nothing I tried worked

My monitor is very old, I bought it in 2015, so theres a chance that my monitor isn't compatible with my APU ?
Just to be more clear, everything was fine until 2 days ago when I updated the Ryzen drivers.

Last edited:

Cyberat_88

Distinguished
Well, it is the drivers, all evidence point to that. When you used DDU, did you go to file manager and make sure there are no leftover AMD folders anywhere ?
Did you clean registry to make sure there are no hooks left behind ? (DDU should do that but you never know.)
You can also check you didn't turn on scaling by mistake.

Jul 24, 2022
Well, it is the drivers, all evidence point to that. When you used DDU, did you go to file manager and make sure there are no leftover AMD folders anywhere ?
Did you clean registry to make sure there are no hooks left behind ? (DDU should do that but you never know.)
Thanks to the reply, I think I unchecked the option to delete tle leftovers on the AMD files, I will try again everything you said, thanks !

Jul 24, 2022
So, I turned on the option to delete the files on the AMD folder(C:/AMD), and deleted the folder entirely. Unfortunately, not worked, the screen is still less detailed and grainy than before. Even without the AMD drivers instaled, youtube videos are still don't look good as before, so maybe the problem is with my monitor ?
But I remeber everything being fine until 2 days ago... Sometimes I consider i'm just overthinking all of this but its so strange, I don't remember my monitor being that bad before, but to be fair, when i use the HDMI the screen becomes a bit grainy(I used VGA for 5 years and after that I started to use HDMI but the screen is grainy, I think the monitor have bad contatc), but not that bad as now.
Do you have any other suggestion ?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Did you try and update the media files and bios for the motherboard too? Sometimes drivers hit conflicts with version numbers and date codes and the current amd drivers may require matching media files for the igpu. They'll be listed in the motherboard/support/downloads section for your specific motherboard.

Jul 24, 2022
Did you try and update the media files and bios for the motherboard too? Sometimes drivers hit conflicts with version numbers and date codes and the current amd drivers may require matching media files for the igpu. They'll be listed in the motherboard/support/downloads section for your specific motherboard.
I will try to update de bios for the latest version. I used a Linux for testing to see if the driver update corrupted Windows or something but the problems persists.
The options now are: The motherboard BIOS, the Monitor or the Ryzen 5 5600g itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS