[SOLVED] I upgraded my RAM and now I get blue-screen errors (SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION)

tgjackson2003

Prominent
Jul 12, 2018
Can anyone help me with this issue?

CPU: Ryzen 3 1200
MOBO: Gigabyte B450M D3SH
RAM 1: Patriot Viper 4 Blackout 2 X 4 GB 3000 MHZ
RAM 2 (the upgrade): Patriot Viper 4 Blackout 2 X 4 GB 3000 MHZ

So I upgraded from 8 GB to 16 GB of ram and now I will get blue-screen errors (SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION)

Please ask me questions if there are any.

tgjackson2003

Prominent
Jul 12, 2018
You probably lost the mixed ram lottery, or one of the 2 new sticks is defective.
You can test each stick in the system individually, or run Memtest86 free version: https://www.memtest86.com/

Ok, so I got the pc to run after multiple restarts. The problem now is that the ram will only run at 2133 MHZ. Loading the XMP thing in the bios doesn't work. It will restart multiple times and then go to the default 2133MHZ speed. Will I need to manually input the proper timings and settings? How would I find the information for the timings when combining these two ram kits if needed?

That kind of "upgrade" is something that memory manufacturers offer no guarantee that such a combination will be compatible together.

Of course, you can make any kind of combinations you want with no guarantees and do your own compatibility testing. You can also play around with slower clock speeds, relaxed timings, higher voltages.