Question I upgraded Ryzen 3 int-gpu to ryzen 7 5800. Ports won’t work screen black.

Oct 26, 2021
Hi I upgraded from a ryzen 3 with integrated gpu to ryzen 7 5800. I have a xfx rx480. Motherboard is mail mpg 570.
Everything works with the ryzen 3 but when I put in the ryzen 7 only RGB and fans turn on. I tried resetting CMOS, still nothing. I took out half my ram, still nothing. I returned the ryzen 7 and got a new one. Still nothing.
I need help!

kanewolf

Titan
Hi I upgraded from a ryzen 3 with integrated gpu to ryzen 7 5800. I have a xfx rx480. Motherboard is mail mpg 570.
Everything works with the ryzen 3 but when I put in the ryzen 7 only RGB and fans turn on. I tried resetting CMOS, still nothing. I took out half my ram, still nothing. I returned the ryzen 7 and got a new one. Still nothing.
I need help!
What motherboard? Do you know if you have a compatible BIOS for the 5800 ?

kanewolf

Titan
MSI - MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI (Socket AM4) USB-C Gen2 AMD Motherboard

it says it is compatible with the 5800 on the website. No power to USB ports. The light in the rx480 turns on but no detection from the monitor
The CPU support page -- https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/MPG-X570-GAMING-EDGE-WIFI#support-main-block-qvl says you need the 1F BIOS if that is really a 5800 and not the 5800X.
What BIOS version do you have ? The 1F version was released in July 2021...

Oct 26, 2021
Oct 30, 2021
What motherboard? Do you know if you have a compatible BIOS for the 5800 ?
Make sure your bios is updated to the newsy firmware and what chipset it supports. Could be a bios or cpu limitation make sure to reset your mb clear cmos had that issue recently wouldnt display till i reset the bios. Is there any post codes, or beeps after restarting?